The Lead Customer Service Representative is responsible for carrying out CSR responsibilities in addition to assisting the supervisors in facilitating daily events, including providing knowledgeable responses to inquiries in a courteous and professional manner for the U.S. Census Questionnaire Assistance Program.
- Utilizes standard technology such as a telephone, e-mail, and web browser.
- Assists caller with filling out questionnaire and submitting it electronically for processing.
- Maintains a current understanding of the processing procedures to respond to phone inquiries.
- Adheres to all security requirements and policies as they relate to the protection of any CQA information.
- Follows scripts as required to attempt to close as many cases as possible.
- Maintains up-to-date knowledge of Census regulations and policies as they apply.
- Looks for and suggests process improvements.
- Reports problems and helps resolve issues in conjunction with the customer service manager.
- May be required to work holidays. Overtime may be required.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Job Requirements & Essential Job Functions:
- High School diploma or equivalent required.
- Minimum 6 months customer service, secretarial, and/or telemarketing experience required or equivalent military experience.
- Must be able to type a minimum of 30 WPM.
- Must be able to speak and read English clearly, professionally and fluently.
- Experience working with a PC and internet navigation skills are required.
- Ability to prioritize and complete tasks within established contractual service levels required.
- Must have demonstrated leadership skills and good interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated oral and written communication skills.
- Must have the ability to organize simultaneous tasks for individual assignments and the workflow of others within the unit.
- Must be able to respond professionally to difficult or tense calls and/or situations that may arise out of daily duties.
- Proven ability to work as a member of a team is required.
- Strong problem solving and probing question skills required.
- This position requires the physical ability to sit for up to 2 hours at a time while assisting callers; this position is a sedentary position in an office environment.
- Adhere to a strict attendance and limited break policy.
- Embrace our winning Pearl Culture which promotes our employees’ desires and efforts to serve our consumers, coworkers, clients and community by exhibiting our Pearl values of customer satisfaction, teamwork & family atmosphere, quality, respect, transparency and innovation.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by people assigned to this work. This is not an exhaustive list of all duties and responsibilities. Pearl management reserves the right to amend and change responsibilities to meet business and organizational needs as necessary.
Background Suitability and Typing Skills Assessment Required
Skills/Qualifications/Keywords: Customer/Client Focus, Communication Proficiency, Teamwork Orientation, Technical Capacity, Action Oriented/Tenacity, Dealing with Ambiguity, Compassion, Customer Focus, Ethics and Values, Functional and Technical Skills, Informing, Integrity and Trust, Listening, Priority Setting, Problem Solving
Pearl Interactive Network, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability status, genetics, or sexual orientation and gender identity.