SMG, the leader in privately managed public assembly facilities, has an excellent and immediate opening for the Accounting Manager for SMG Jacksonville. Responsible for managing the daily activities of the accounting functions at the venues as required by the Finance Director or General Manager.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
· Participates in the development and implementation of facility goals and priorities relating to financial management, including budgeting, accounting, purchasing, and payroll in compliance with State and Federal law, and SMG policies and procedures.
· Reviews and prepares event settlements ensuring proper reconciliation of incoming revenues and internal and external expense payments/reimbursements associated with events in the venues.
· Reviews and executes all checks and deposits in a timely manner; reviews daily cash receipts and disbursements.
· Monitors and projects daily cash flow.
· Reviews all purchasing of capital assets, office supplies and facility supplies.
· Prepares and assists with financial statements and other financial reporting to SMG Jacksonville, SMG Corporate and the City of Jacksonville, including monthly statements, monthly tax returns, the Annual Budget, Annual Report and required audits. Reviews financial statements with Building Directors, Assistant General Managers and General Manager.
· Coordinates with SMG Corporate Risk Management on insurance matters.
· Analyzes financial performance and cost analyses for all departments and venues; prepares monthly financial statements, recommends appropriate actions/changes in order to meet business goals.
· Coordinates preparation of Client or external audit materials and financial reporting; implements recommendations of Client as requested.
· Directs the maintenance of accounting, timekeeping, payroll, inventory, property, and other related procedures and controls.
· Acts as Manager on Duty as required.
· Other duties may be assigned.