Application Deadline: Monday, December 2, 2019
Salary & Benefits: Starting Salary is $34,230.58 per the Salary Schedule. Promotional placement is not limited to posted salary range maximum. Compensation package is comprised of many college paid benefits including health and life insurance, retirement, leave time, and tuition waivers for Santa Fe College and the University of Florida.
Classification: Full-time, Career Service, Pay Grade C4, Non-Exempt.
Location: Northwest Campus, 3000 NW 83rd Street, Building W, Gainesville, FL 32606.
OVERVIEW: Santa Fe College (SF) was recently recognized as the top-rated community college in the United States. Santa Fe College is a student-centered institution with a commitment to open access, academic excellence, and cultural and ethnic diversity. A high quality of life, temperate climate, proximity to the University of Florida, diverse cultural events, and plentiful recreational opportunities make SF and Gainesville an ideal community to work and live. SF enrolls over 16,000 students each semester.
The Administrative Assistant provides direct administrative support and assists with the general coordination of day-to-day office operations including providing customer service, maintaining schedules, coordinating meetings, general bookkeeping, and other administrative support tasks. This position may supervise the work of others.
Responsibilities and duties include:
· Serve students, college employees, and the public by greeting visitors, answering phones, responding to inquiries, and resolving issues based on established college policies, making appropriate referrals as needed.
- Perform a wide variety of administrative tasks including data entry and the drafting, editing, and revision of letters, reports, and other materials.
- Organize and facilitate meetings and special events, including preparation for and during site visits, which may include logistics, contracts, hospitality, staffing, etc.; schedule and coordinate dates and times, venues, attendance, agendas, and facility arrangements.
- Perform various duties related to maintaining one or more individual schedules and coordinate travel arrangements when appropriate.
- Manage payroll functions including the submission and audit of timesheet entries for staff, faculty, and work-study employees.
- Perform basic, routine bookkeeping functions relative to program/department budget including tracking purchases and expenditures, and may assist in the budget development process.
- Facilitate, monitor and/or oversee department purchasing, inventory and requisitioning of supplies and equipment.
- Prepare special reports, summaries, or replies to inquiries by compiling data and statistics from various institutional or external resources.
- Assists with various projects that require research, report generation and communication with members of the college, the extended community and other external partners.
- Supports the clinical affiliate contract process; assist with basic contract review; maintain calendar for contract renewal; review required documentation, reporting needs to internal stakeholders.
- Maintain accurate databases.
- Assist in the development or upkeep of the department/area webpage.
- May hire and oversee the activities of work-study employees.
- During student intake times, coordinate with Health Sciences Advisement Office to schedule and process applicant fingerprinting.
- Assist the departments with logistical academic office assignments including furniture, computers, phones and office set-up.
- Comply with all published College Rules, procedures, guidelines, and laws/regulations governing public employees, including but not limited to those related to document retention and destruction, FERPA, and confidentiality.
- Provide service excellence through courteous, informed, accessible, approachable and professional engagement.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Reports to: Associate Vice President, Health Sciences