Job TitleARD Account Specialist, Philadelphia, PA
RequisitionJR000010404 ARD Account Specialist, Philadelphia, PA (Open)
LocationARD Field Sales - USA404
Additional LocationsPhiladelphia, PA
We are currently seeking an Account Specialist, for the Autoimmune and Rare Disease (ARD) segment of Mallinckrodt, reporting directly to the Account Specialist Regional Sales Manager - ARD Sales. This position will be responsible for showing documented success as a top producer using superior clinical selling skills, while effectively managing their territory operating within all compliance and company policies and procedures, as a results-oriented sales person, business partner and consultant. Develop strategically targeted accounts and specific business plans that reflect an in-depth understanding of local, regional and national market forces impacting product sales. The incumbent will skillfully deal with the concepts and complexities associated with the products and adjunctive therapies and must demonstrate an in-depth understanding of the clinical data.
- Promotion of H.P. Acthar Gel in its approved indications focused on Infantile Spasms.
- Achieve institutional formulary or protocol approval status (as needed) for any products
- Meet or exceed all established territory sales plan and expense plan goals and objectives, by developing and implementing strategies specific to the assigned territory.
- Establish and maintain relationships with key accounts.
- Maintain an updated working knowledge of Mallinckrodt Pharmaceuticals products and relevant disease states.
- Effectively develops a Territory & Account Business Plan, plans all work days and weeks, established call plans and prepares for all sales calls so as to meet or exceed goals and objectives.
- Develop and implement special programs within territory/accounts to maximize sales opportunities, i.e. speakers’ bureau programs, symposia, etc.
- Develop and/or maintain permanent customer records.
- Complete assigned administrative tasks in a timely, accurate, legible, and organized manner.
- Communicate a current, effective, and accurate sales presentation to customers.
- Present a professional sales image in all business matters.
- Carry out duties and responsibilities in compliance with applicable regulations and Pharma guidelines and operate assigned sales territory within established sales and/or corporate policies, procedures, and standards
- Attend regional and national conferences throughout the year, including NPC-related Conferences
- Attend and evaluate HCP and patient speaker programs as needed
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related discipline required
- Medical/Pharmaceutical experience required
- Demonstrated success in Hospital/Institutionalselling, Account Selling, and experience working across/within Institutional/IDNs is required
- Demonstrated success launching products into Hospital settings (Rare Disease Products preferred)
- Experience with C-Suite to Pharmacy, P&T/Formulary and Buy & Bill (contracting responsibility preferred)
- Experience in a specialty product/device requiring strong clinical selling skills, account management, and supporting customers in case by case reimbursement challenges
- Demonstrate Mallinckrodt’s Values: Patient Centric, Integrity, Innovative and Collaborative
- Strong presentation, written and verbal communication skills
SCOPE OF POSITION:
- Travel required, including overnight
Mallinckrodt Pharmaceuticals offers employees a Total Rewards package, which includes competitive base pay and bonus opportunities, excellent benefits, an outstanding work environment and the chance to grow, both financially and professionally. For more information please view our website: