Job Title/Grade: Associate I/II, Global Health (5-6)
Department: Global Health
Reports to: Senior Global Health Specialist
Function of the Position:
This position supports the Global Health group in new business development, technical support, and group-wide logistical and operational functions, as needed.
Roles and Responsibilities:
Percentages listed below are notional and may change depending on business needs.
New Business Development (50%)
Supports all phases of new business development including opportunity research, tracking, reconnaissance, recruiting, proposal writing, and proposal coordination. Under the direction of a senior manager, specific roles and responsibilities may include:
- Conduct health market and competitor research and dissemination to inform DAI’s technical approach and understanding of its market position.
- Prepare marketing materials promoting Global Health’s differentiated expertise, capabilities and thought leadership.
- Support information and communications coordination on proposal teams, liaising across DAI divisions and with partner organizations.
- Support planning and logistics for information-gathering (“reconnaissance”) and marketing trips; may participate in trips as well.
- Draft past project performance reviews and corporate capabilities statements.
- Draft inputs for proposal sections and review and revise proposal text.
- Track and support adherence to assignments, schedules, and standard DAI operating procedures.
- Help identify candidates to propose for project staff positions, document candidate qualifications.
- Assist the pricer in collecting inputs.
Technical Support (25%)
Provides research and writing support for thought leadership publications and presentations. Under the direction of a senior manager, responsibilities may include:
- Support literature reviews.
- Support qualitative and quantitative primary and secondary research, including data collection, input, and analysis.
- Contribute to drafting white papers, research papers, technical reports, or project reports.
- Synthesize published literature and/or project documentation.
- Create poster and PowerPoint presentation
Project Management and Business Unit Support (25%)
Provides support, as needed, to the DAI Global Health business unit on department-wide or project-related operational, logistical and administrative tasks. Responsibilities may include:
- Provide short-term coverage for traveling staff and periodic surge support to the project management team.
- Support the procurement process for goods and services, draft routine contractual documents and communications, conduct audits of project files, process consultant and supplier/vendor invoices.
- Provide administrative support for project recruitment and mobilization of Long Term (LTTA) and Short Term Technical Assistant (STTA) positions.
- Provide support for meeting and event planning and execution.
- Coordinate with other DAI departments to troubleshoot issues and facilitate collaboration.
Additional responsibilities may be assigned as deemed necessary.