The Carpenter will participate in work on projects in a safe and timely manner, utilizing the highest of quality of workmanship.
Reports to Foreman or Superintendent
- Door and hardware instillation
- Acoustical ceiling grid and tile installation
- Sheetrock installation
- Finish carpentry and trim work
- Formwork, build forms, block-out and install wood blocking
- Cabinet work (set and hang components)
- Model safe work practices, including wearing all PPE and safety gear
- Report all safety violations to supervisor
- Oversee field crew to ensure strict adherence to safety rules/regulations and correct methods are employed
- Other duties as assigned
In this role, you will be subject to loud noise, inside and outside environmental conditions, temperatures ranging from 25° to 115°F, occasional heavy lifting up to 60lbs with assistance, extended/unusual work shifts, climbing, kneeling, reaching above shoulder height, grasping, standing and balancing.
With these conditions in mind, you must be able to comply with all safety standards and procedures.
Essential Job Functions:
- You must be able to twist, stoop, bend, squat, kneel, crawl, climb ladders, climb stairs, walk on uneven ground, work above ground on scaffolds, see colors to read GHS labeling on containers, have depth perception to avoid excavations and other hazards, hear well enough to recognize the sound of horns on moving equipment and have good finger manipulation.
- You must be able to climb on light or heavy equipment and carry and use hand tools.
- There is constant lifting of 10 pounds and under and occasional lifting of 60 pounds. Lifting also entails reaching at, above and below shoulder height.
- You will be required to wear puncture resistant footwear, long pants and four-inch sleeves on shirts. PPE (hard hat, safety glasses, etc.) is required. All safety appliances (hard hat, safety glasses, gloves, high visibility vest, ear plugs, fall protection, respiratory equipment, etc.) will be provided
SpawGlass is an EEO Employer