Continuous Improvement Manager
New Lisbon, WI 53950
Manages site improvement activities working closely with the Manufacturing Engineering Manager, Plant Managers and cross functional support teams. Identifies and delivers best practice programs to ensure the short and long term success of manufacturing. Manages salaried and hourly associates focusing on waste elimination and variation reduction activities. Must be functionally organized with the ability to motivate and inspire employees for improved operations performance.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Manages the overall continuous improvement program for plant initiatives and operations
• Evaluates the operational performance and staff allocation to determine the best use of resources coupled with meeting operational goals
• Develop both short and long term improvement plans and report progress on a monthly basis to upper management
• Plans over a 30-day time span and prepare action plans to achieve these results to accommodate all production schedules
• Implements CI/Lean methods on the shop floor in a wide variety of areas (TPM, SMED, FLOW, MM, WPO, etc.) with bottom line impact
• Acts as a mentor and coach to the cross functional business units and will be called upon to train on the various tools of lean
• Facilitate CI workshops
• Ensures effective associate relations. Provides associate coaching and development. Balances safety, quality, productivity, cost and morale to achieve positive results in all areas.
• Evaluates and determines staff training and development needs
• Works closely with Manufacturing Engineering Manager to ensure continuous improvement is a focus in all Safety related goals and initiatives
• Performs other job-related duties as assigned
Education Requirements: Bachelor’s Degree
BS Engineering or Technology required (Industrial, Mechanical or related field)
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, Lotus Notes, Kronos and SAP required
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- An ability to manage multiple priorities
- Must be detail-oriented and self-motivated with superior time management ability
- Superior interpersonal skills with the ability to interface with all levels within the organization and with external vendors. Mature, professional attitude.
- Excellent organizational skills with a strong ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment. Accuracy is a must.
- 5 plus years of experience with lean manufacturing and Six Sigma
- Minimum of 5 years of supervisory experience is required
Equal opportunity employer. This company considers candidates regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.