Doors, Locks and Finishes Specialist
Tri-County Technical College
7900 Highway 76
Pendleton, SC SC
Tri-County Technical College invites applicants to apply for the Doors, Locks and Finishes Specialist position housed primarily at our Pendleton campus. The successful candidate will provide valuable support to the Physical Plant by performing various maintenance services as needed or as assigned. This position is responsible for performing work related to interior and exterior door systems across the College. The successful candidate must have working knowledge of door hardware, hinges, lock-sets, key systems, closers, digital card access and automatic openers. The successful candidate must have working knowledge of hand tools and power tools in addition to maintaining OSHA compliance and safety standards.
Job Duties Include:
1. Installs/repairs/maintains all aspects of interior and exterior doors. Including door leafs, frames and door hardware such as hinges, closers, lock sets, handles, mullions, panic/egress devices, ADA automatic openers, and digital card access.
2. Responsible for access control to all TCTC facilities. Maintains campus locks and key systems according to procedures and key standards to maintain a secure environment. Serves as Key Distribution Manager for entire College. Maintains a physical key management system. Issues keys in a timely manner, ensures proper authorization, and accurate records of key issuance.
3. Performs the installation, maintenance and repair of interior finishes such as patching, painting, flooring, and small construction/renovation projects. Performs task in support of TCTC events, furniture and equipment moves. Performs task related to the classroom teaching environment including installation of white boards, bulletin boards, and teaching equipment.
4. Performs installation, repairs and maintenance on building exterior vertical surfaces and windows. This includes painting, pointing, glazing, caulking and other measures necessary for any component of the building envelop to maintain a weatherproof and energy efficient condition. Maintains/repairs exterior circulation and hardscapes including parking lots & striping, sidewalks, stairs, handrails, bus stops, signage, seating and gathering areas, etc. keeping all components up to date both functionally and aesthetically and in a safe condition. Performs projects such as, installation of building interior/exterior finishes. Works with the TCTC project manager and contract vendors for building projects and upgrades.
5. Maintains roofs so they are weather tight and performing in an acceptable manner. Including roof surfaces of all types, soffits, parapets, flashing, drains and guards, skylights, windows, hatches and gutter systems ensuring they are adequately functioning, in good condition and clear of debris. Inspects and identifies areas of roofs and make recommendations for repair and improvement.
6. Performs other job duties as assigned.
Associates degree and two years of related experience; or a high school diploma and four years of related experience.