American Packaging Corporation (APC) is one of the top flexible packaging converters serving customers throughout North America. We are
always seeking to improve our operations, deliver more innovation and value, and give back to our local communities. Our longstanding success as customer flexible packaging suppliers has been fueled by our commitment to providing more innovation, more quality, and more responsive customer service, along with our strategic investments in the latest technology.
POSITION: Machine Operator Helper
LOCATION: Deforest, WI
SUMMARY: Assist in daily operations of the Rotogravure press.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
• Participates in training, embrace concepts of and actively practice the STOP Safety
Program fundamentals to aid American Packaging Corporation’s efforts to achieve a zeroaccident rate.
• Retrieves all necessary set up information/specifications/guidelines and follows instructions on the job jacket.
• Completes all machine changeover/set-up processes minimizing machine downtime and meeting or exceeding set-up standard requirements. Develop set up procedure documentation as required.
• Correctly completes daily production sheets, process condition sheets, waste logs, final
release forms, ink paperwork and quality inspection logs. Ensure job order information
(size, construction, print position, packing instructions, adhesive structures, proper substrates being used) corresponds with the product being manufactured.
• Safely, efficiently and effectively assists with the assigned production machinery equipment monitoring quality, production and waste adhering to all customer specifications.
• Ensures immediate work area and work areas for which Machine Operator has responsibility are free of clutter and debris. Perform all cleaning/sanitation responsibilities, safely using all required cleaning solutions and protective equipment.
• Removes rolls from rewind, hangs rolls on rewind, makes up doctor blades, preps print carriages, brings correct inks and lacquers to the press, configures ink ratios, disposes of ink, solvents and lacquers, maintains ink viscosities and cuts cores.
• Ability to operate the viscosity control system.
• Ensures all required on-line quality data is properly documented.
• Monitors all quality requirements as outlined by company procedure and specification. Completes necessary sheets for quality checks.
• Actively participates in safety
programs and completes required safety observations. Understands and follows plant safety rules.
• Attends and participates in all scheduled meetings (Continuous Quality Improvement, safety, special projects, departmental, etc.).
• Able to work all scheduled shifts and required overtime hours.
• Trains new employees as necessary.
• Other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS: To perform this job successfully,
an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE High school diploma or equivalent required. Previous manufacturing experience preferred.
Competitive pay and benefit package. Candidates must be able to work a 12 hr rotating shift, and must be flexible to work overtime, weekdays, weekend, and holidays.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts. The employee is occasionally exposed to airborne particles and vibration. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.