The City of Kentwood Public Works department is seeking qualified applicants for a full-time Fleet Services Technician position. The Fleet Services Technician responsibilities include the following:
- Performs preventive maintenance and repair on heavy, medium, and light duty vehicles and equipment;
- Performs troubleshooting and diagnostic repair on Public Works Department, Fire Department, and Police Department vehicles and equipment;
- Performs complex heavy repair on diesel and gasoline engines, automatic and standard transmissions, and drive axles;
- Diagnoses and repairs complex original equipment and aftermarket electrical and electronic systems;
- Diagnoses and repairs complex hydraulic systems;
- Installs and modifies complex up-fitting of electrical, lighting, computer and radio systems in vehicles and equipment;
- Drives a plow truck for snow removal in the winter;
- Observes and practices safe work methods, utilizing safety equipment and personal protective equipment;
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Qualified applicants will possess the following:
- High School Diploma/GED plus formal course work in vehicle maintenance; AND
- two years of journey-level experience in the maintenance and repair of vehicles and/or heavy construction equipment; OR
- an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience;
- ASE certifications in automotive, light and heavy truck repair; OR
- Michigan Motor Vehicle Mechanic certification for automotive and heavy-duty trucks, including brakes and suspension.
- Michigan CDL Driver's License, Class A with Tanker "N" endorsement within three months of employment.
This is a full-time position with excellent benefits. The hours are 7:30 am to 4:00 pm, Monday through Friday. The pay range for this position is $23.91 to $29.83. Please see the Job Description for more details about this position.
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.