ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Performs routine aircraft maintenance functions.
- Must demonstrate an operational knowledge of aircraft, aircraft systems, engines and component parts.
- Operates aircraft towing equipment in towing operations.
- Maintains aircraft hydraulic systems.
- Must have knowledge of the proper use of hand tools in aircraft maintenance.
- Must be able to read and write, and interpret and comply with aircraft maintenance procedures, manuals, specifications, and directives, guides and forms used on the job.
- Performs preventive maintenance inspections on aircraft and aircraft systems and subsystems.
- Performs troubleshooting, repair, modifications, corrosion control and preservation of aircraft and aircraft systems and aircraft sub-systems, including fuel, oil and pneudraulic systems. Overhauls aircraft components and sub-components.
- Services ground support equipment. Performs preventive maintenance inspections on all ground support equipment. Performs functional checks, inspections, troubleshooting as required and trained.
- Completes maintenance documentation accurately using OOMA, and required forms, as required by job assignment.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- High school diploma or equivalent--General Educational Development (GED) certificate.
- Aviation Structural Mechanic Core
- Aviation Structural Mechanic Organizational Level
- CH/MH-53E Airframes Organizational Maintenance
- Must have 6 years’ experience on CH/ME-53E aircraft.
- Must obtain and maintain the level of Industrial Security Clearance required by the Government. Must be able to obtain and maintain required clearance for Common Access Card (CAC).
Job Type: Full-time