The Human Resources Manager will plan, lead, direct, develop, and coordinate the policies, activities, and staff of the Human Resource (HR) department, ensuring legal compliance and implementation of the organization’s mission and strategy. The Human Resources Manager is responsible for all Human Resources functions company wide. The Human Resources Manager will guide employees and management in order to implement successful Human Resources programs and policies.
• Oversees the management of human resources programs including benefits administration, business administration, classification, compensation, employee relations, ethics, human capital planning and analysis, HRIS Management, HR reporting, performance management, personnel suitability, policy and compliance, staffing, and training and development.
• Develops and administers various Human Resources plans, procedures, and projects for all company personnel and lines of business.
• Ensures compliance with all federal, state, and local employment laws and applies within a government subcontracting setting. Ensures compliance with FMLA, ADA, Title VII, ACA and other federal and state laws & regulations, Affirmative Action Plan, EEO-1, and VET-100 reporting annually.
• Evaluates reports and audits HR process and procedures for compliance of department initiatives in relation to established goals.
• Recommends and develops new approaches, policies, procedures, and handbooks to effect continual improvements in efficiency of department and services performed.
• Supervises and trains Human Resources staff members to ensure employee and business needs are met.
• Oversees benefits administration to include claims resolution, change reporting, approving invoices for payment, annual re-evaluation of policies for cost-effectiveness.
• Mediates employee relations issues and recommends appropriate resolution of employee disciplinary issues to management. Prepares disciplinary actions including counseling and termination letters.
• Recommends various training modules for staff and management. Oversees the implementation of new training, as well as maintains and ensures compliance with the internal training calendar (i.e. Sexual Harassment, HIPPA, OSHA, etc).
• Administers Performance Management Program across the organization.
• Performs compensation and classification for the organization, which includes adhering to the McNamara–O'Hara Service Contract Act of 1965 (SCA) compensation and classification guidelines.
• Reviews and approves all employee changes, performance reviews, and salary adjustments.
• Oversees the proper administration of employee records via electronic filing and HRIS.
• Participates in administrative staff meetings and attends other meetings such as seminars.
• Encourages a value add, positive working environment and upholds the Pearl values and mission.
• Performs other related tasks as assigned.
• Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources or related field required.
• 5+ years’ experience required in a variety of areas in HR or equivalent military experience.
• Self-motivating and an ability to work independently required.
• Attention to detail and organization skills required.
• SPHR/SHRM-SCP preferred.
• Intermediate skills in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook 2010.
• Knowledge of federal and multi-state employment laws.
• Experience in administration of SCA and knowledge of government contracting.
• Strong knowledge of benefit administration and selection.
• Excellent written communication skills including English grammar and punctuation.
• Team oriented and motivated to provide a high level of service across the organization.
• Embrace our winning Pearl Culture which promotes our employees’ desires and efforts to serve our consumers, coworkers, clients and community by exhibiting our Pearl values of customer satisfaction, teamwork & family atmosphere, quality, respect, transparency and innovation.
• Ability to Travel 20%.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by people assigned to this work. This is not an exhaustive list of all duties and responsibilities. Pearl management reserves the right to amend and change responsibilities to meet business and organizational needs as necessary.
Background Investigation, Drug Screening and Skills Assessment Required
Skills/Qualifications/Keywords: Action Oriented/Tenacity, Dealing with Ambiguity, Compassion, Customer Focus, Ethics and Values, Functional and Technical Skills, Informing, Integrity and Trust, Listening, Priority Setting, Problem Solving, People Skills, Supports Diversity, Professionalism, Organization, Team Oriented, Training, Customer Service, Coaching, Planning, Coordinating, Evaluation, Flexibility, Effective Communication
Benefits: Pearl offers employer paid employee medical coverage, basic life, paid time off, and holiday pay for benefit eligible employees. In addition, optional plans for Dental, Vision, Supplemental Life, STD and 401(k) are available to benefit eligible employees.
Pearl Interactive Network, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability status, genetics, or sexual orientation and gender identity.