Operating Company: Environmental Solutions Group - Heil Environmental
Location: Fort Payne, AL
Provide planning, direction, and supervision for the Manufacturing Engineering, Tooling, Maintenance, and Facilities Departments. Achieve safety, quality, and productivity goals in a continuous improvement environment as it relates to manufacturing facilities, equipment, processes, and procedures. Possess great communication, verbal, written and management skills. Have sound knowledge of problem-solving methods, lean manufacturing, and just in time delivery principles. Provide key leadership in the implementation of lean manufacturing principals.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS INCLUDE:
· Manage, lead and support the Manufacturing Engineering, Maintenance, Facilities, and Tooling Teams.
· Lead and support the development of all required manufacturing processes to ensure products are produced safely and within required quality, cycle time and cost specifications.
· Develop the annual capital equipment budget. Oversee the justification, planning, and execution of individual capital projects within schedule and budget guidelines.
· Oversee the maintenance of all routings and labor standards as well as manufacturing procedures and associated documentation including.
· Help manage the document control system. Write and manage ECNs.
· Provide planning and support for new product introductions.
· Seek out, research, develop cost analysis, and justification for new methods, procedures, equipment, and materials.
· Support production department managers with machine capacity, labor balance, and flow concept analysis in a high mix, configured-to-order environment to optimize efficiency, capacity, and lead-time.
· Participate in and support Make vs. Buy initiatives.
· Other duties and responsibilities as assigned by management.
· Lead and support continuous improvement efforts to improve Safety, Quality, Delivery and Cost.
· Develop and lead cost reduction projects including labor efficiency improvements and both direct and indirect material spend.
· Identify manufacturing variability issues and work with Design, Production, and Maintenance to reduce or eliminate variance.
· Work with operations personnel to create standard work procedures, enhance flow, and implement Lean concepts throughout the plant including 5S, Kaizen, etc.
· Bachelor’s Degree in an Engineering field required. Professional Engineer's license preferred.
· At least 5 years’ experience in fabrication, paint and assembly operations
· Experience in heavy industrial manufacturing preferred.
· At least 5 years’ previous experience as a supervisor or manager.
· Must have knowledge with actual experience preferred using Pro/E CAD system.
· Lean Manufacturing and structured problem-solving experience.
· Demonstrate prior experience with quality procedures such as SPC and FMEA preferred
· ISO 9001 knowledge and experience preferred.
· At least 2 years’ experience with machine and fixture design.
· At least 5 years’ experience with developing, writing, and executing capital equipment and facility layout projects.
· Must be a self-starter and work under limited supervision.
· Must exercise substantial degree of judgment.
· Must have excellent oral and written communications skills.