Operating Company: Environmental Solutions Group - Heil Environmental
Location: Fort Payne, AL
Individual will be a key player in the development and implementation of "design for manufacture and assembly" approach within the engineering group. Using a wealth of accumulated experience and knowledge, this individual will play an active role in determining manufacturing processes, developed using lean and Six Sigma tools, for new and existing product. Experience with structured New Product Development (NPD) processes is desirable. This individual must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills. Individual must demonstrate experience working within a Quality Management System (QMS) and have a working knowledge of lean manufacturing principles. Individual will strive and mentor others for the purpose of attaining goals for safety, quality, productivity and cost as well as promote an environment of continuous improvement throughout the organization. Assist in the further deployment of lean manufacturing and six sigma principals throughout the organization. Experience in any or all of the following is desired: metal fabrication processes, welding, assembly methodologies or paint systems. Six Sigma green or black belt certification preferred but not required.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS INCLUDE:
· Develop and improve manufacturing processes in support of new and existing product to ensure timely delivery of quality product.
· Provide Manufacturing Engineering support for the company and provide on-going manufacturing engineering support for new products.
· Assist in managing the document control procedures through the existing Quality Management System (QMS).
· Assist in developing the annual capital equipment budget.
· Oversee the justification, planning, and execution of individual capital projects to scheduled timelines and within approved budget.
· Perform time studies of manufacturing processes to be included in the determination of manufacturing labor standards.
· Seek out, research, develop cost analysis, and justification for new methods, procedures, equipment, and materials.
· Evaluate production capacity capabilities of existing operations and recommend and implement enhancements as needed.
· Champion process/product improvement initiatives through six sigma process projects.
· Play an active role in the development of new products through the use of design for manufacture, assembly and serviceability methodologies using a platform approach to product designs customized using configurable options.
· Analyze production processes, work balance, production scheduling, capacity, and cell concepts to optimize crew distribution for efficiency, capacity, and lead-time.
· Identify manufacturing variability issues and work with Product Engineering, Production, and Maintenance to reduce or eliminate variation in manufacturing processes.
· Implement lean manufacturing and Kaizen principles and concepts in the manufacturing areas.
· Develop and lead cost reduction projects.
· Other duties and responsibilities as assigned by management.
· Bachelor's Degree in Engineering or applicable experience required.
· Must have good oral and written communications skills. Must be computer literate.
· 5 years experience in a medium to heavy industrial manufacturing environment.
· Previous experience in New Product Development.
· Experience in both Manufacturing and Manufacturing Engineering positions.
· Experience with design for manufacture and assembly preferred.
· Experience with significant capital equipment and facility layout projects.
· Previous successful leadership experience leading Engineering or technical personnel.
· Experience with metal fabrication, welding, assembly and/or paint systems/processes.
· Experience with lean manufacturing principles.
· Previous experience with six sigma tools preferred.
· Works under the general supervision of the Manufacturing Engineering Manager. Must handle most matters with counsel from the supervisor.
· Must be a self-starter and work under limited supervision.