The job opening listed below is posted in conjunction with our partner firm, Saltwater, Inc.Employment will be with Saltwater, Inc., not Ocean Associates, Inc.
Offshore Wind Energy Consultant-R1
Saltwater Inc. is a small, innovative company that collects data on fisheries and oceans and is bidding on a contract to provide Biological work. We are looking for a person to fill a part-time, Offshore Wind Energy Consultant starting in spring 2020. This position will be based in Woods Hole, MA or Narragansett, RI.
Your responsibilities will include:
• Perform technical reviews of offshore wind project-specific regulatory submissions.
• Evaluate and address the impacts of pending wind energy development on ESB surveys and stock assessments.
• Coordinate with regional wind energy scientists, fishing industry representatives, and offshore wind developers toformulate alternative sampling strategies for wind energy areas.
• Develop manuscripts, technical memorandums, reference documents, and presentation materials.
Skills, Experience and Education Requirements
• Have a B.S. degree in a field directly related to the task requirements.
• Have a minimum of 2-3 years of experience in the field or in a related area or of progressively higher level graduateeducation leading to a master’s degree or master’s or equivalent graduate degree.
• Have served as a researcher or member of a research team performing research on fisheries or related resourcemanagement.
• Have advanced experience with fisheries-independent survey design/methods.
• Have demonstrated experience analyzing complex (i.e. fisheries) data sets.
• Have demonstrated experience writing scientific papers for publication.
• Have demonstrated experience in preparing summary reports.
• Have demonstrated experience with GIS data applications.
• Possess excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Possess a strong ability to work closely with team members from a variety of backgrounds.
• Work independently with little supervision to accomplish tasks.
• Current MS Office skills
• NSC Defensive Driving Course
• Valid Driver’s License
• PHP, PL/SQL, R, ArcGIS, and/or other programming languages
• Oracle database systems
If you are interested in being considered for this position, please APPLY THROUGH OCEANASSOC.COM , ADP WEB PORTAL.
Only qualified applicants that meet minimum experience or background requirements stated above need apply. When applying for this position you will be asked to upload your resume at the end of this online application.
Applicants should submit a resume that includes the following:
· Cover letter that briefly describes how you meet the required and preferred qualifications listed.
· Work history for past 10 years or since last full-time education.
· Previous experience or training with similar requirements.
· Three professional references.
· Include your name in the document file name.
· Upload your resume in readable, not scanned, PDF or Word format (PDF is preferred).
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States, complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire, and successfully complete a federal government background check. Saltwater Inc. and Ocean Associates Inc. are Equal Opportunity Employers and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of any status or condition protected by applicable federal or state law.
Saltwater Inc. and Ocean Associates Inc. are government contractors and is required by law to invite applicants to self-identify their race, gender, national origin, disability status and veteran status. Saltwater Inc. and Ocean Associates Inc. are required to use the information it collects as part of its future affirmative action efforts in hiring. The information is collected anonymously by computer and is not connected to your application. You will see a place to check certain boxes in Saltwater Inc. and Ocean Associates Inc. online application. Even though the information is anonymous, self-identification is voluntary. You can always check the box that says you decline to self-identify.
Note: If you are not selected, your materials may be retained for present or future opportunities. We may use your resume in bidding on a project and if we are awarded the work we will contact you before seeking further applicants. If you do not wish us to retain or use your resume to seek work for you, please let us know in the "Notes" section on the second page of the online application.