The Teller is responsible for making many transactions daily, communicate with different types of clients. This position is accountable to process all transactions accurately and efficiently in accordance with established policies and procedures. Bank Teller is the “frontline” of our bank and plays a fundamental role in achieving our customer satisfaction and revenue growth objectives.
KEY ORGANIZATIONAL RELATIONSHIPS
• Reports to Teller Supervisor.
• Works closely with clients and other tellers.
DUTIES AND RESPONSBILITIES
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
To perform this job successfully an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Provide account services to customers by conducting routine transactions within established guidelines (cash checks, accept deposits and loan payments, and process withdrawals, recording night and mail deposits; selling official checks; credit cards; answering questions in person on telephone; referring to other bank services.)
• Cross-sells bank products by answering inquires; informing customers of new services and product promotions; ascertaining customers’ needs; directing customers to a branch representative.
• Completes special requests by taking orders for checks; providing special statements, copies, and referrals; completing safe-deposit box procedures.
• Reconciles cash drawer; counting and packaging currency and coins; reconciling loan coupons and other transactions; turning in excess cash and mutilated currency, maintaining supply of cash and currency.
• Reconciling daily cash transactions by branch.
• Complies with regulatory requirements, bank operations and security procedures by participating in all dual-control functions; maintaining customer traffic surveys; auditing other tellers’ currency; assisting in certification of proof.
• Maintain customer confidence and protects bank operations by keeping information confidential.
• Go the “extra mile” to build trust relationships, customer loyalty and satisfaction.
• Manage risk in every transaction and detect fraudulent transactions to prevent losses.
• Resolve customers’ issues and provide relevant information.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
To perform this job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following knowledge, skills, and abilities.
• Provides exceptional customer services by responding to requests for service and assistance and identifying and resolving problems in a timely manner. Good people skills.
• Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness. Attention to details.
• General math skills, basic PC knowledge and familiarity with electronic equipment, selling to customer needs, financial skills and documentation skills.
• Effective communication skills (speaking and listening), time management skills, and customer satisfaction-oriented.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
• Minimum 16 years old. Company complies with all regulations in employment with a minor.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the essential duties of this position, the employee is regularly required to stand, use hands and fingers to handle or feel and talk and hear. The employee is occasionally required to walk and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance, and stoop. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the essential duties of this position, the employee is regularly exposed to a general office environment and interaction with customers. May have handle difficult situations when dealing with an upset customer.
The preceding position description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this position. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this position.