Tri-County Technical College
7900 Highway 76
Pendleton, SC SC
Tri-County Technical College invites applicants to apply to the role of Procurement Specialist II, housed at our Pendleton campus. Under the limited supervision of the Procurement Manager, the successful candidate will handle procurements and purchases throughout all phases of the college processes in accordance with the provisions of the Consolidated Procurement Code as well as established college policies. The successful candidate will have an understanding of legislation, regulations, policies and procedures governing the procurement of goods and services as well as the ability to analyze and evaluate factors in the awarding of contracts for said goods and services. In addition, the successful candidate will demonstrate strong communication skills, technical skills, and organization skills as well as be highly motivated and proactive in their decision making abilities.
Job Duties Include:
1. REQUISITIONS AND PO's: Reviews all purchase requisitions for accuracy and compliance. Processes and distributes purchase orders. Trains employees on purchasing and requisitions. Sets up new vendors and maintains files. Maintains positive customer and vendor relationships. Specifically handles all purchasing, plans, inventory, and updating of the colleges policy and procedure for mobile communication devices.
2. PCARD AUDIT AND SUPPORT: Responsible for the internal audit of procurement card transactions; recommends corrective actions for discrepancies or violations. Assists in P-card training and guidance as well as updating the Procurement Card Manual and policy. Back-up P-card administrator when needed.
3. SOLICITATIONS AND RFP's: Prepares solicitations and requests for proposals by consulting with departments to determine their needs and requirements. Provides oversight of the evaluation, negotiation, and coordination processes both internally and with the State Purchasing Office. Awards and administers contracts while maintaining compliance and documentation.
4. REPORTING AND ADMINISTRATIVE: Provides the data for the quarterly sole source, emergency, and minority business reports for the State Procurement Office. Assists in preparation of approved lists and oversight of annual equipment purchases. Sets source codes to be used for fixed assets. Continuously updates internal purchasing policy and procedure manual and procurement forms as needed. Works with Accounts Payable/Accounting to develop processes to streamline purchase orders, invoices, and vendor setup workflows to expedite processing of these documents. Assist with workload balancing as necessary.
5. MARKET RESEARCH AND OTHER: Conducts market research and makes recommendations for strategic contracts that benefit the College. Stay updated and ensure the College is in compliance with current and upcoming statewide contracts. Other duties as assigned.
Bachelor's degree in a related field plus one (1) year related work experience; or, an associate degree in a related field plus three (3) years related work experience; or, high school diploma plus five (5) years related work experience.