Operating Company: Environmental Solutions Group - Heil Environmental
Location: Fort Payne, AL
Heil Environmental is looking for a high caliber candidate to join our fast paced organization as a Quality Engineer. This candidate will have 3+ years’ experience in Quality, with exceptional root cause analysis skills and team leading and people skills. The Quality Engineer will be experienced in one or more aspects of quality:
· Systems (Metrology, ISO administration, APQP and Engineering Change Order facilitator, NCR/CAF/PAR administration),
· Internal (A3 corrective actions, floor level team leadership in rework reduction programs, Cell and Process control plan development and maintenance, QMS analysis and reporting, and product/process auditor supervision.
· External (8D corrective actions, warranty trend analysis, box audit control plan development and maintenance, direct interaction with customers and field team members, Supplier Quality Control, QMS analysis and reporting, and product/process auditor supervision.
The ideal candidate will have a strong background in continuous improvement activities (5S, Kanban, Value-stream and process mapping) and possess a thorough background in ISO 9001:2008/2015, Lean Enterprise, and preferably some Six Sigma experience and/or ISO TS 16949 methods (PPAP, MSA, Gage R&R, DFMEA, PFMEA, Process Capability, etc.). The candidate must have strong analytical skills to process QMS collected data and be well versed in root cause analysis. The candidate would show potential to become a valued team member in meeting goals in Safety, Quality, Delivery, and Cost. Previous experience in a fabrication, assembly (including routing), paint, MIG welding, hydraulics, and electrical processes would be favorable.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS INCLUDE:
· Oversee the development and maintenance of control plans – in cell and at end of process, by managing and leading Process Auditors in identifying why defects were detected downstream of cells, installing temporary containment, and leading multifunctional teams in developing corrective actions to eliminate the containment.
· Developing, and overseeing layered process audits to confirm effectiveness and sustainability of corrective actions, product/process changes released, and new team member qualification.
· Assisting team members and team leaders in learning how to execute product and process changes and controlling high risk characteristics.
· Consistently improve inspection effectiveness.
· Develop training plans to improve the consistency of product audits across shifts.
· Conduct internal ISO 9001:2015 audits.
· Participate in teams performing both Kaizen and Lean activities. Become both an information and method expert to the activity leader to identify, measure, and execute improvement.
· Sift through the QMS reports daily to find trends and opportunities that warrant focus by limited resources.
· Support other Quality team members in backfilling roles or team participation activities.
· Bachelor Degree required; in an Engineering discipline is preferred.
· 5+ years’ experience in a structured manufacturing environment.
· Able to read fabrication drawings specifications, including geometric tolerance and welding specifications
· Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint. MS Project and MS Access would be a plus.
· Proficient in using CAD and 3D model viewers/software including attribute assignments.
· Works under limited supervision while implementing clearly communicated corporate strategy and goals. Must work on own initiative and constantly support the company mission.
· Exercises a moderate degree of judgment. Specific and general results as well as effectiveness of operation and administration are subject to supervisor examination and review. Questionable matters referred to supervisor for clarification, assistance, and/or intervention.