Operating Company: Environmental Solutions Group - Heil Environmental
Location: Fort Payne, AL
The Quality Supervisor will provide direct support for the continued development, preservation, update and maintenance of Heil's quality system. Conduct internal quality audits using the principles and techniques ascribed by the ISO or ASQ quality audit certification programs. Assist departments with development and implementation of appropriate corrective action plans to improve overall quality results. Responsibilities include promoting, teaching and presenting quality as a means for process improvement and efficiency. Provide technical and functional assistance to ensure effective implementation and accountability.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS INCLUDE:
· Assist in enhancing the Quality Management System.
· Constantly promotes all continuous improvement activities.
· Effectively communicates and refines conformance requirements based on customer input, manufacturing process changes.
· Conduct quality and safety audits, compiles results and reports to the Plant Manager or Safety Officer.
· Develop training and communication tools to ensure quality and safety standards.
· Keep all employees abreast of all changes in regulations as they impact quality and safety.
· Train employees to improve the quality and flow of processes.
· Assist in developing sustainable improvements in manufacturing and transactional processes.
· Facilitate problem solving with vendors, manufacturing/customer support personnel and customers.
· Create and implement ever improving electronic information via the Quality and Safety Management Systems via Standard Operating Procedures.
· Investigate and respond to Safety and Quality issues performing root cause analysis.
· Develop and modify quality and safety policies, procedures and programs.
· Conduct first piece inspection in respect of each shop order for production items.
· Randomly perform in-process inspections.
· Make final inspections before product is released for shipping.
· Create and maintain In-Process Inspection Sheets for all production and repeat jobs.
· Provide for customer-required inspection documentation.
· Prepare Deviation Reports and pursue to a final solution.
· Define, document, and accomplish calibration of measuring equipment and inspection devices, and maintain currency of company policy in this respect.
· Maintain an adequate and appropriate inventory of inspection equipment and provide suitable storage and security.
· Pursue quality control issues with customers and address disposition of defective or returned materials or items.
· Maintain good order and housekeeping in all areas relating to the quality function.
· Encourage and engage in an environment of continuous improvement and teamwork.
· Collect and analyze data from each audit activity and assists with the development and implementation of appropriate corrective action plans to improve overall quality results.
· Ensure applicability of current quality policies, procedures and objectives by keeping informed of the latest updates and modifications in the subject. Coordinate with managers at all levels to provide assistance as they achieve and sustain higher quality objectives.
· Bachelor's Degree in Business or related area is required.
· 3 to 5 years experience with Quality Assurance programs in a manufacturing environment.
· Report preparation skills.
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
· Excellent time management skills are required.
· Knowledge and ability to understand and apply process audit principles (ISO/ASQ).
· Reasoning skills for problem identification and resolution.
· Ability to conceptualize, analyzes, plan and organize projects.
· Knowledge of project management preferred.
· Proficiency with PC’s and knowledge of and using Microsoft Word, Access, Excel preferred.
· Ability to create flow-charts from written descriptions desirable.
· Strong organizational and planning skills, mathematical (statistical) skills, analytical and problem solving skills.
· Works under limited supervision and handles routine matters on own initiative.
· Exercises a high degree of judgment in matters related to materials, design, manufacturing, logistics and corporate compliance.
· The above description represents a general synopsis of the principal functions of the job and should not be construed as a comprehensive listing of all requirements that may be inherent in the job.