Ocean Associates Consulting (OAI) is seeking a Software Engineer in the Seattle, WA metro area to provide software development services for the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA), National Marine Fisheries Service (NMFS) Alaska Fisheries Science Center (AFSC). The Software Engineer will improve end-to-end data management capabilities in AFSC including the ongoing development of Application Environments, Data Collection Interfaces, and workflows. Additionally, the Software Engineer will provide development and guidance for the graphic presentation of information.
- Develop/Update/Improve usability/Interface of AFSC Intranet based on the Google Sites platform.
- Provide data management support for AFSC data integration and business intelligence efforts, and including extraction, transformation, and loading, analysis, solutions development, and implementation.
- Work with other staff with design and solution development to meet user needs.
Expected Position Start Date: As soon as possible
Location: Alaska Fisheries Science Center office in Seattle, WA
Salary and Benefits: This is a full-time 40 hr/week position with excellent employee benefits, including medical insurance, holiday, vacation, and sick leave. Salary commensurate with experience.
Required Knowledge and Experience
- Experience with Google Apps (Gmail, calendar, Google sites, Google Drive, etc.).
- Knowledge and practical experience with databases and database concepts and practice (e.g: MS SQL, Oracle, MySQL, PostgreSQL)
- Knowledge of modern tracking and version control systems (e.g: GitLab, Jira, etc)
- Good communication skills with the ability to collaborate in a team, and openly participate and contribute to discussions.
- Ability to take work independently and initiate work tasks.
Additional preferred requirements include:
- A portfolio of digitization projects.
- An eye for design, balance, and color.
If you are interested in being considered for this position, you MUST APPLY THROUGH OAI’s WEBSITE ONLY. Go to OCEANASSOC.COM, click on Careers, then click on Job Openings, find the position you wish to apply for.
Only qualified applicants that meet minimum experience or background requirements stated above need apply. When applying for this position you will be asked to upload your resume at the end of this online application.
Applicants should submit a resume that includes the following:
- Cover letter that briefly describes how you meet the required and preferred qualifications listed.
- Work history for past 10 years or since last full-time education.
- Previous experience or training with similar requirements.
- Three professional references.
- Include your name in the document file name.
- Upload your resume in readable, not scanned, PDF or Word format (PDF is preferred).
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States, complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire, and successfully complete a federal government background check. Ocean Associates Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employers and do not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of any status or condition protected by applicable federal or state law.
Ocean Associates Inc. is a government contractor and is required by law to invite applicants to self-identify their race, gender, national origin, disability status and veteran status. Ocean Associates Inc. is required to use the information they collect as part of their future affirmative action efforts in hiring. The information is collected anonymously by computer and is not connected to your application. You will see a place to check certain boxes in the online application for this position. Even though the information is anonymous, self-identification is voluntary. You can always check the box that says you decline to self-identify.
Note: If you are not selected, your materials may be retained for present or future opportunities. We may use your resume in bidding on a project and if we are awarded the work we will contact you before seeking further applicants. If you do not wish us to retain or use your resume to seek work for you, please let us know in the "Notes" section on the second page of the online application.
7600 Sand Point Way N.E., Building 4 Seattle, WA, 98115