Arista has an exciting opportunity for Software Developers to join our software engineering team in Santa Clara, CA The core responsibility is to deliver product features. A major part of this is writing the code that drives our products. But the role of a software engineer is much bigger than just being a coding machine. Software engineers work on the whole development process, including:
• deciding what features to build
• driving the design
• writing the code (of course)
• pushing testing
• documenting the feature
• supporting customers in the field
We seek talented software engineers who are passionate about coding. If you are the type of individual that:
• love to program
• enjoy building things and shipping them, truly making them work
• find satisfaction in creating a really well-written piece of code
• care about keeping the code maintainable and preserving its integrity
• look for a better way, and strive to make it real
• care about the business too
• enjoy working with others who feel the same
• learn how things work, just for fun or out of curiosity
... then this job is for you.
• BSCS or equivalent technical degree or relevant experience.
• Passion. We like creative people who get excited about new concepts.
• Strong background in C, C++, Python languages.
• Experience with Linux OS and kernel architecture.
• Network and protocol understanding (L2, L3, switching, routing, firewalls, LB, etc.) is desired.