JOB LOCATION: Sufco Mine
OVERALL JOB PURPOSE: The role of the Warehouse Supervisor is to direct and support the execution of the warehouse department. The role requires a high level of energy and safety leadership.
- Ensure the highest standards of safety in the workplace and housekeeping practices
- Maintain the integrity of the computerized perpetual inventory system
- Work with the purchasing group to disposal of equipment, materials and supplies declared surplus or obsolete.
- Work with the department heads to identify obsolete inventory items.
- Prepare instructions regarding corporate warehousing guidelines and procedures
- Consistently display positive behavior that supports the organization's goals and objectives.
- Communicates effectively with others by providing information for planning, prioritizing, and completing tasks. Ensures compliance of all operational policies and procedures related to warehousing activities such as verification of incoming and outgoing shipments, handling and disposition of materials and the optimization of site inventories.
- Effectively supervise activities and requirements of Warehouse personnel: Monitor performance; ensure adequate shift coverage; manage absences; assure appropriate and required training is completed, including the proper use of system functions; monitor behavior and provide positive feedback and corrective action as warranted.
- Contribute to Warehouse reputation by instilling customer service excellence with team and by monitoring and responding to site perceptions of the Warehouse, managing expectations and taking appropriate initiatives to improve service and image.
- Supervise security of warehouse facilities, inventory, equipment and operating supplies against loss or damage.
- Ability to maximize usage of the warehouse areas including any warehouse yards and satellite warehouses through pre-planning, strategic planning and layout modification.
- Develop and maintain high housekeeping standards at warehouse facilities.
- Manage receipt, storage and distribution of warehouse inventory: Assure appropriate standards and guidelines are adhered to regarding the receiving, labeling, stocking, order filling, issuing and shipping of inventory and direct buy goods and maintaining appropriate stock records.
- Responsible for maintaining optimum stocking levels in support of efficient mining operations and plans for future requirements based on operational needs, production schedules and forecasts.
- Assist in the planning and execution of planned completed inventories; assure that monthly cycle counts are completed accurately and in accordance with standards and guidelines.
- Analyze & process recommended Orders, including overstock inventories at other sites.
- Coordinate with Procurement, Suppliers and Accounts Payable to ensure a timely and effective purchase-to-pay process related to warehouse inventory and resolution of any inventory/accounting related issues.
- Coordinate with Suppliers the return to Supplier of over shipped or damaged goods and ensure proper credit is received.
- Provide training and conduct audits to ensure compliance of controls and warehouse policies/procedures.
- Facilitation of offsite repair
- Credit returns management ie: inventory and supplier credits reconciliation including shipping doc to the work order
- Month end reconciliation and reporting
- Collection of asset disposal information
Knowledge and Relevant Experience
- Associate or Bachelor's in a related discipline and 5 years of warehouse, maintenance and/or technical experience or any combination of education and experience that provides the knowledge to successfully perform the job.
- Understanding of Supply chain concepts.
- Basic knowledge of overall operations and demonstrates good practical problem-solving ability.
- Three years mining experience with demonstrated leadership ability (preferred)
- Two years supervisory experience in related industry (preferred)Skills
- Proficient use of SAP as well as Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word, PowerPoint).
- Must possess current ATF or ability to obtain within 3 months Familiarity with computerized warehouse systems.
- Ability to communicate effectively at all levels of the organization, both written and verbal.
- Ability to work in a team environment is essential to the success of this position.
- Demonstrated initiative and can be depended on to complete tasks.
- Highly flexible, able to produce high quality results in changing circumstances.
- Responsible for development and coaching of employees.
POSITION WILL REPORT TO: Purchasing Manager
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.