The Labor Hours Specialist will be responsible for performing tasks related to the verification of hours worked by the U.S. Census Questionnaire Assistance call center employees as related to call center forecasts. This position will support tracking of personal records and requires acute attention to detail.
- Works with a remote team & site leadership to aggregate forecast data and speak to variances between projected and actual hours by utilizing daily reports from available sources. (ACD (Automated Call Distribution), Time Keeping Systems (TKS), Scheduling software).
- Compares data from a variety of systems to ensure timely and accurate timecards are submitted each pay period.
- Creates excel spreadsheets with complex formulas for data comparison from multiple systems to include Workforce Management and TKS.
- Ensures site staff uses correct charge codes and work with management to correct errors.
- Monitors TKS to ensure accurate employee punches during shift.
- Answers questions from Management staff about timecards.
- Escalates questions and issues to Timecard Administrator, as appropriate.
- Refers supervisors and managers to CQA employer Human Capital, Help Desk, Finance, TKS support for system issues or other escalations.
- Must be comfortable obtaining deadline driven artifacts from a multitude of resources to include department management and staff with varying schedules.
- Works on assignments that are moderately difficult requiring judgment and ability to analyze complex information to resolve issues.
- Communicates to employees on complex or sensitive issues and/or draft responses for leadership team.
- Familiarity with MS SharePoint file actions, structure, and file governance to be able to maintain site SharePoint pages to support TKS.
- Anticipates issues proactively and escalate to management as appropriate.
- Responsible for adhering to all established safety standards.
- Must be able to remain in a stationary position for and extended time.
- Occasionally lifts, carries, or otherwise moves items weighing up to 25 pounds.
- Works is constantly performed in an office environment.
- Some college required.
- Associates degree from an accredited college or university preferred.
- Previous experience in workforce management preferred.
- 1 year of call center experience preferred.
- Strong data entry and telephone skills.
- Moderate to Advanced Proficiency in MS Excel to include familiarity with search formulas such as v and hlookup.
- Excellent organizational, written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to communicate appropriately to all executive level management.
- Ability to create complex labor hour reports to identify variances using Excel.
- Ability to perform comfortably in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented work environment.
- Ability to work as a team member, as well as, independently.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and security of all information.
- Ability to comply with current and updated policies and procedures.
- Ability to successfully execute many complex tasks simultaneously.
- Ability to work in a high-pressure environment.
- Embrace our winning Pearl Culture which promotes our employees’ desires and efforts to serve our consumers, coworkers, clients and community by exhibiting our Pearl values of customer satisfaction, teamwork & family atmosphere, quality, respect, transparency and innovation.
In accordance with contractual requirements: Employment and continued employment is contingent upon obtaining and maintaining a favorable initial and final suitability determination, which will be decided in the sole discretion of the Census Bureau.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by people assigned to this work. This is not an exhaustive list of all duties and responsibilities. Pearl management reserves the right to amend and change responsibilities to meet business and organizational needs as necessary.
Background Investigation or DoD Clearance, Suitability and Skills Assessments Required
Skills/Qualifications/Keywords: Action Oriented/Tenacity, Dealing with Ambiguity, Compassion, Customer Focus, Ethics and Values, Functional and Technical Skills, Informing, Integrity and Trust, Listening, Priority Setting, Problem Solving, Detail oriented, Exceptional Communication Skills, Follow Up Skills, Employee Relations, Onboarding, Orientation, Organized, Policy and Procedure, Payroll Processing, Time Management, and Ability to Work Independently in a Fast-Paced Environment.
Benefits: Pearl offers benefits packages that include medical, dental, vision, basic life, short term disability, paid time off and paid holidays. Participation in the company’s 401K plan is available to all employees.
Pearl Interactive Network, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability status, genetics, or sexual orientation and gender identity.