Laborer / Restoration Technician (Invasive Species)
Resource Environmental Solutions LLC
3600 Glenwood Avenue, Suite 100
Belaire, NC 27612
Are you interested in a career that truly makes an impact? Do you want your job to help make nature and communities better with each project you touch?
At RES, we believe that human progress and the restoration of nature’s resources can go hand in hand. Our belief made us what we are today - the nation’s leading ecological restoration company, with over 400 stream miles restored and conserved, 20,000,000 trees planted, and 15,000 acres of special-status species habitat established. We restore our land and waters with integrity and innovation, one community at a time.
Do you want to be part of a team whose talent and dedication are unmatched in the industry?
RES is accepting applications for Labourer / Restoration Technician with prior construction or landscaping experience based in Raleigh, NC.
- Works with the Restoration Manager and Operations Manager to schedule and ensure construction and maintenance performance on all projects.
- Laborers maintain communication with key individuals in RES and subcontractors as necessary to ensure project success through implementation of proper implementation and management of our projects.
- Assist with the active management of RES Projects from construction and planting through the monitoring period.
- Advise assigned Superintendent of any material changes in schedule or issues as the project is implemented.
- Follow, practice, communicate and require RES health and safety standards of from fellow RES employees as well as subcontractors.
- Secure and maintain company assets including housing, vehicles, trailers, equipment.
- Ensure accurate timekeeping and equipment logs for daily equipment use.
Daily activities include:
- Invasive Control (Mowing for fescue and other competition control between our trees, mulching/bush-hogging thick areas of invasive vegetation prior to chemical treatment. Spraying herbicides with backpack sprayer, cut and stump spray, hack and squirt, spraying via Tractor or ATV with boom and or wand sprayer)
- Erosion Control (Installing silt fence/coir logs, coir matting, seed bed preparation by hand and with equipment, seeding, straw mulching, applying soil amendments)
- Planting – Initial Tree Planting and Supplemental Planting (planting and replanting portions of projects as needed with bare roots and or container trees as well as livestakes)
- Stream & Wetland Repair (may involve operation of equipment to correct small problem areas on our stream and wetland projects)
- Experience identifying and training others on how to identify native and invasive plant species.
- Proficient at safely operating large trucks with trailers, skid steers, tractors, UTVs, brush cutters, augers, and chainsaws.
- Ability to operate backpack and hand sprayers.
- Ability to read and understand the project plans, details, and specifications.
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs, walk over uneven surfaces and up/down hills, climb on construction equipment, and work outdoors and on the ground.
- Ability to obtain Commercial Pesticide Applicator License in ROW or Aquatics Categories in all states serviced by the Region.
- Have an up-to-date DOT Medical card.
- 1-2 years ecological restoration experience
We invite you to become a part of our team!
VEVRAA Federal Contractor
RES is an equal opportunity employer that recognizes the value of a diverse workforce. All qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other criteria protected by federal, state, or local law.