The Senior Attorney will be responsible for labor and employment issues and managing litigation and work directly with the company’s Human Resources department as the primary point of contact for all HR related issues. This position will have the opportunity to do work that has an immediate impact on our employees, customers, and business, and must be confident and have previous practical legal experience with a strong track record in managing a broad range of legal issues and interacting closely with business leaders. Responsibilities will also include dispute resolution, union contract and management, privacy, and drafting corporate policies.
This position will be based in Lawrence, PA (Pittsburgh) or Plano, TX (Dallas).
- Primary responsibilities will focus on serving as the point of contact for all legal matters relating to labor and employment, litigation and coordinating and collaborating with the Vice President of Legal and other members of the legal team with respect to such matters.
- Provide day-to-day advice and support to business units concerning all aspects of the employment relationship.
- Advising the business leaders on significant legal issues impacting the business.
- Additional responsibilities will include:
- Manage all union issues from grievances to collective bargaining negotiations to union avoidance.
- Provide guidance on drafting and maintaining employment-related documents, policies and processes, including company handbook, code of ethics, employment agreements, commission plans, equity awards, data privacy, document retention and restrictive covenants.
- Providing legal support on a broad range of general items such as policy drafting, insurance claims and compliance items such as prevailing wage.
- Review and responding to subpoenas and discovery requests.
- Working with the Vice President of Legal and other members of the legal team in handling special projects.
- Providing support to multiple regions and offices, including international offices.
7 – 10 years of demonstrated legal experience in the areas of labor and employment law and litigation, in either a law firm setting, corporate legal department, or a combination of both. Experience with IT/Technology companies is preferred. Union experience a plus.
Juris Doctorate from an accredited law school is required.
Member in good standing with bar in any state (PA preferred).
Well-developed communications skills; ability to clearly and concisely express legal issues and analysis as it pertains to business and technical concerns to executive management, HR colleagues, technical colleagues and peers.
Flexibility to adjust and thrive in an environment with changing requirements, schedules and priorities.