Black Box Network Services, the global leader in communication system integration, is looking for a Network Technician (Data Center Technician) with a proven track record in: • Racking and stacking of network devices • Cable patching • Physical layer troubleshooting • Equipment disposal activities • Installing network servers, routers, switches, etc.
Set, assemble and configure network data racks including: cut floor tiles, route cables through pathways, configure PDUs, install servers, switches and routers. Inventory and decommission existing racks. Securely pack and wrap equipment on pallet for relocation. Audit data server cabinets/racks – input findings in DCIM tool and/or Microsoft Excel worksheet. The technician hired will be professional, willing to pay attention to detail, conscientious about quality and a quick learner. Some data center experience necessary.
No fiber cable installation or software configuration of servers/switches is involved with this position.
This position will support data center management, site security and project engagement with a commitment and desire to satisfy our customer by completing all work at the highest level, always striving for perfection. The candidate must be motivated and self-driven for success.
· Hourly salary based upon the level of experience & skill-set
· Standard work hours: Mon.-Fr.; 8-5; with occasional overtime and weekend work
· Type / Location: Site Dedicated to Data Center in Austin
· Client Addendum Applies; will provide at the time of offer acceptance
Black Box is a leading technology solutions provider. Our mission is to accelerate our customers’ business by valuing relationships with our team members, clients and stakeholders. By continuously growing our knowledge, we remain relevant in the market and are in a superior position to help customers design, deploy and manage their IT infrastructure. Through our values, such as innovation, ownership, transparency, respect and open-mindedness, we deliver high-value products and services through our global presence and 2,500+ team members in 24 countries and growing. Black Box is a wholly-owned subsidiary of AGC Networks.
· The installation of power cables from equipment to power supply in rack/cabinet/closet
· Must have proof of U.S. Citizenship due to Client's security clearance requirements
· Data center experience required – with understanding of data center protocols and acceptable behavior
· Travel requirements: Meet at warehouse for daily work assignments.
· Must have own transportation between campus locations: 5 data centers within 15 mile radius. May visit visit 1-2+ sites per day.
· MVR Required
· Assist with power and uninterruptable power supply (UPS) restoration
· Support inventory management activities
o Receiving inventory
o Tagging of assets
o Tracking spares (crash kits)
o Ordering inventory
o Updating inventory records
o Prepare and return damaged equipment
· Act as an interface, as needed, between associates at the applicable location and centralized project / operations / MAC management
Experience and Education:
· 3 years of experience in data communications - at least 6 months working in a data center
· High school diploma or equivalent required