Prescribes individual and/or group lessons designed to assist students in overcoming specific difficulties in mathematics and reading. Provides instruction to students enrolled in Reading, Mathematics, Workplace Communications, Employability Skills, Health Education, Driver’s Education or GED. Conducts and manages academic classes. This position is a substitute position, and is distinguished from an Academic Instructor in that it may not work on a full- time basis.
- Performs as an instructor, as needed, in a substitute capacity
- Endeavors to promote a positive and desirable atmosphere within the classroom setting
- Maintains a high degree of discipline within the classroom
- Utilizes curriculum resources available at the center
- Establishes a high degree of student/instructor rapport
- Models, mentors and monitors appropriate Career Success Standards