The Portland VA Research Foundation, Inc (PVARF) is hiring an Accounting Specialist for the administrative office. PVARF is an independent 501(c)(3) nonprofit corporation whose mission is to facilitate the research and educational activities conducted at the VA Portland Health Care System (VAPORHCS). Located on the grounds of the VAPORHCS, PVARF provides administrative support for the research and education projects approved by the Research and Development or Education Committees being conducted by clinicians and scientists at the PVAMC. The mission of the PVARF administrative office is to provide helpful, efficient, and friendly support to VA staff at the VAPORHCS in their research, and education endeavors. Come be a part of advancing biomedical science to better serve US Veterans.
The person hired will be responsible for assisting with the processing, accounting, reconciliations, analysis and reporting of transactions related to Accounts Receivable and Accounts Payable. Assistance with the yearly audit and preparation of financial statements will also be expected.
Along with your competitive salary, we offer medical/dental/vision plans, employer paid life and disability insurance, and matching 401(k). Additional perks include transportation reimbursement, paid holidays, and a generous PTO policy.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Ensure compliance with accounts receivables/payable policies, procedures, and controls.
- Review & process orders for accurate invoicing.
- Create invoices and submit to funding agencies in a timely manner.
- Maintain & accurately update project records.
- Participate in month-end and year-end close activities.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- 1 year - Accounts receivable/payable, bookkeeping, and/or accounting experience.
- General knowledge of business accounting and financial statements desired.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Fluency in English is required.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite;
- Experience working in a paperless environment.
- Experience with Blackbaud Financial Edge NXT or similar accounting software desired.
- Good analytical skills, accuracy, and attention to detail.
- Strong time management and organizational skills.
- Ability to effectively interact with multiple internal and external contacts.
- Ability and willingness to meet business critical deadlines.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS and WORK ENVIRONMENT
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job the employee is frequently required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, reach with hands or arms, stoop, kneel or crouch. The employee may occasionally be required to lift or move up to 25 lbs.
- The noise level in the work environment is quiet to moderate.
LOCATION AND ADDITIONAL INFORMATION
- Primary job location is located on the VA Portland Health Care System campus. Following training, flexible work hours and remote work are possible.
- New employees must submit COVID-19 vaccination documentation or seek an exemption within 8 weeks of beginning employment.
Please apply online at http://www.pvarf.org and include a CV and cover letter explaining your interest in the position. Cover letter should include description of recent work history as it relates to the specific responsibilities in the job announcement.
Portland VA Research Foundation is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to status as a protected veteran or a qualified individual with a disability, or other protected status such as race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin or age.
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.