Directly supervises Maintenance Techs in the Operations Department. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with ASM Global policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding; disciplining employees in conjunction with Human Resources; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Candidate must have the ability to move quickly from one area to another. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Knowledge of general plumbing, electrical, and HVAC techniques and systems
• Ability to hear clearly voices, alarms, bells and horns (at a minimum of 85 dB) and to speak clearly and audibly.
• Ability to understand and follow simple directions communicated both orally and written.
• Ability to take direction from multiple supervisory and management staff.
• Ability to use hand and power tools and equipment common to the construction trade.
• Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules and instructions.
• Familiar with standard concepts, practices and procedures of the construction industry including operation of tools and equipment according to established safety.
• Maintenance skills must include the ability to drywall, replace and repair hardware, paint, cut and replace ceiling tile and replace fixtures; minor furniture repair a plus.
• Ability to work safely and efficiently with machinery.
• Ability to work with minimum supervision and understand verbal and written instructions.
• Ability to work flexible hours including nights, weekends and holidays based on the event schedule
• Hours including nights, weekends and holidays based on the event schedule.
• Must have ability to possess and maintain current OHSA Forklift and Personnel Lift Certification.
• Welding Skills a plus.
• Ability to write routine reports and required correspondence.
• Demonstrate a positive attitude
• Operate equipment such as light trucks, pallet jacks, forklifts, boom lifts, scrubbing machines or other light power driven equipment.
• Work effectively under pressure and/or stringent schedule and produce accurate results.
• Work independently, exercising judgment and initiative.
• Maintain an effective working relationship with clients, employees, exhibitors, patrons and others encountered in the course of employment.
• Be licensed and insured to operate a motor vehicle in the United States.
• Remain flexible and adjust to situations as they occur.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
• A minimum education level of: High School Diploma or its equivalency
• Minimum of Five (5) years in the maintenance or construction of a commercial facility.
• Working knowledge of maintenance or construction trades and practices.
• Minimum of two years supervisory experience.
• Maintain a valid drivers' license or have willingness and ability to obtain for required equipment operation
• Ability to speak, read and write in English
• Willingness to work any shift or as needed (irregular hours)
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to walk extensively, occasionally required to kneel, climb to high walkways or balance. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 75 pounds. Ability to use hands to finger, handle or feel, reach with hands and arms. This position requires work inside and outside of the building and some exposure to adverse conditions.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Work hours are based on business needs but include irregular, extended hours including weekends, evenings, and holidays.
NOTE: The essential responsibilities of this position are described under the headings above. They may be subject to change at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons. Also, this document in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position.
ASM Global is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, and encourages Women, Minorities, Individuals with Disabilities, and protected Veterans to apply. VEVRAA Federal Contractor.