• Verifies terminology and specifications of purchase requests.
• Reads catalogs and interviews suppliers to obtain prices and specifications.
• Compiles records of items purchased or transferred between departments.
• Types or writes purchase orders and sends a copy to the supplier and the department originating the request.
• Computes the total cost of items purchased, using calculator.
• Verifies bills from suppliers with bids and purchase orders.
• Types or writes invitation-of-bid forms and mails forms to supplier firms or distributes forms for public posting.
• Compares prices, specifications, and delivery dates, and awards contract to the supplier with the best bid.
• Determines if material on hand is of sufficient quantity.
• Approves bills for payment.
• Confers with suppliers concerning late deliveries.
• Works toward meeting performance management goals.
• Follows the CDSS plan and Code of Conduct system daily.
• Maintains good housekeeping in all areas and complies with safety practices.
• Complies with all DOL guidelines, OFCCP regulations, Job Corps notices and bulletins, and Center policies and procedures.
• Models, mentors, monitors appropriate Career Success Standards.
Participation in PRH mandated staff training is mandatory. Failure to participate may result in disciplinary action up to and including termination.