City Administrator, Beaver Dam, WI (pop. 16,708). Located short distances from Milwaukee, Madison and Oshkosh, Beaver Dam is a picturesque community with a historic downtown. Established in 1856, Beaver Dam is within minutes of the Horicon National Wildlife Refuge and is surrounded by natural beauty and outdoor activities. The City maintains its small-town appeal and high quality of life with balancing growth, progress and economic opportunity. The area has been recognized for its livability and family-friendliness.
The City has a workforce of more than 125 full-time employees, plus another 109 part-time and seasonal employees. Beaver Dam is a full-service city including police, fire and rescue, public works, engineering, utilities (including water, wastewater, and storm water), library, community activities and services, parks and forestry, and administrative services.
The City Administrator, re-classified from a Director of Administration position, oversees a general fund budget of more than $17 million. The City is in excellent financial condition. The City Administrator also works closely on economic and community development efforts, including maintaining a close working relationship with the City’s business community. Ideal candidates will possess:
· A Bachelor’s degree in business or public administration, or related field, with a Master’s degree in public administration or closely related field preferred
· At least five years of increasingly responsible local government management experience
· A team-oriented, strategic-thinking, collaborative approach toward staff leadership. Supervisory experience is essential
· Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills
· Strong financial, analytical, and budget management, and personnel administration, skills are required; work in economic development is highly desired.
The City Administrator is appointed by, and reports to, the Mayor and Common Council. The starting salary range is $128,000 – $142,000 +/- DOQ, plus an excellent benefit package.
Candidates should apply by December 27, 2021 with resume, cover letter and contact information for five work-related references to www.GovHRjobs.com to the attention of Lee Szymborski, Senior Vice President, GovHR USA, 630 Dundee Road, #130, Northbrook, IL 60062. Tel: 847-380-3197. The City is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To apply click here