Clinical Research Assistant II
The Social Neuroscience and Psychotherapy (SNaP) Lab aims to maximize the benefits of therapeutic alliance and psychotherapy through the adjunct use of social psychopharmacology-such as oxytocin, MDMA, and psilocybin-for the treatment of posttraumatic stress disorder and substance use disorders. We are looking for a motivated and independent Clinical Research Assistant II for a full-time position to support multiple research projects at the Portland Veterans Affairs (VA) Health Care System.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Facilitating Institutional Review Board and other regulatory approvals (e.g., FDA, DEA, VA R&D)
- Maintaining detailed records for audits and compliance with regulatory bodies
- Identifying, recruiting, and screening subjects consistent with research project eligibility requirements
- Overseeing the coordination of research subjects across different studies and visits
- Contributing to the refinement of study protocols
- Assisting with recruiting, managing, and training volunteer and junior research assistants
- Obtaining informed consent
- Administering surveys and/or conducting screening interviews
- Responding to general inquiries from study participants, collaborators, trainees, and general public
- Maintaining databases
- Maintaining confidentiality and managing Protected Health Information
- Basic data entry, organization, scoring, coding, analysis, and reporting
- Assisting with grant preparation and other writing tasks, including literature reviews
- Maintaining website and other lab communications
- Purchasing supplies
- Scheduling and organizing meetings
- Completing additional administrative tasks to support project management
Supervise 1-5 volunteers and junior research assistants.
Ability to perform essential job duties with or without reasonable accommodation and without posing a direct threat to safety or health of employee or others. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor's degree
- 1 year of experience in human subjects research
- Experience working in a psychedelic medicine lab (preferred)
- Demonstrated cultural competency working with marginalized communities in a mental health context
- Experience with VA policies, procedures, and guidelines that govern research projects
- Experience with regulatory compliance (at least FDA, DEA, and IRB)
- Experience managing junior research assistants
- Microsoft Office
- REDCap, Medrio
- SPSS, R
- Strong critical thinking skills
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
The physical demands and described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand, and walk; and occasionally stoop, kneel, or crouch.
- The employee may occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and regularly up to 10 pounds.
- The employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and frequently talk or hear.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The employee is occasionally exposed to outdoor weather conditions.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
LOCATION and ADDITIONAL INFORMATION
- Primary job location is located on the VA Portland Health Care System - Vancouver campus
- New employees must submit COVID-19 vaccination documentation or seek an exemption within 8 weeks of beginning employment.
Portland VA Research Foundation is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to status as a protected veteran or a qualified individual with a disability, or other protected status such as race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, or age.
Apply online at http://www.pvarf.org and include a CV and cover letter explaining your interest in the position
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.https://www.applicantpro.com/j/2076056-431299