Development Director, Wausau, WI (pop. 39,000). Progressive, full-service city with a lively downtown, Wausau is 95 miles northwest of Green Bay. Located on the shores of the Wisconsin River, Wausau is a friendly community known for its beautiful neighborhoods, vibrant corporations, dining and shopping opportunities, and abundant year-round recreational activities.
The City seeks an experienced community development professional to serve as its next Development Director. This position works closely with the Mayor, Planning Commission, Community Development Authority, and other city departments to develop and advance the City’s community and economic development interests that affect the City and a metropolitan area of more than 135,000 people.
The Director will oversee the Community Development Department’s services including community development, economic development, planning and zoning, and housing under the city’s Community Development Authority. The Development Director is responsible for leading a department of 14 employees, and manages a budget of approximately $ 1.6 million, plus close to $600,000 in CDBG funds. There are eight active TIDs. The position reports to the Mayor. Qualified candidates should have:
· A Bachelor’s degree in planning, community development, economic development, public administration or related field; and
· More than seven years of progressively responsible experience in community development, economic development, redevelopment, marketing or real estate in either the public or private sector.
Ideal qualifications include:
· A Master’s degree in one of these disciplines, or related field, and/or AICP certification;
· Demonstrable economic development experience highlighting the ability to champion projects meeting the City’s vision;
· A collaborative and communicative approach to work;
· Strong leadership skills within and outside the organization;
· Comfort working with an array of stakeholders including elected officials, City employees, developers, real estate agents, and residents; and a
· Passion for work in a demanding, rewarding and collegial environment.
A starting salary range of $85,000 – $106,500 (midpoint) +/- DOQ, and an excellent benefit package, is offered.
Candidates should apply online by March 19, 2021 with resume, cover letter and contact information for five work-related references to www.GovHRjobs.com to the attention of Lee Szymborski, Senior Vice President, GovHR USA, 630 Dundee Road, #130, Northbrook, IL 60062. Tel: 847-380-3240. The City is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Click HERE to Apply!