Development Services Director, Marshfield, WI (population 18,929). Incorporated in 1883, Marshfield is in north-central Wisconsin, an area known for an abundance of four-season activities and natural resources. Marshfield’s roots date to the construction of a railway to Lake Superior in 1872, where it served as a supply depot. The city’s rich tradition of providing healthcare to the northern half of the state dates to the 1890s.
Today, the world-class Marshfield Clinic Health System is a premiere healthcare provider and research facility, and the top employer in the City. Marshfield, ranked by Business Journals as the “Best Place to Live in Wisconsin” and “Eighth Best Place to Live in America”, provides residents and business owners with vibrant neighborhoods, abundant opportunities for commerce, and a enviable quality of life. The City seeks a community development professional prepared to meet the demands of a city with significant development and growth opportunities.
The Development Services Department provides land use planning and zoning, inspections, code enforcement and economic development services. Marshfield is a full-service municipality. The Development Services Director is responsible for leading a department of six full-time employees and manages a budget of more than $1 million. The position reports to the City Administrator.
The Director can expect to work closely with the local business community, Main Street Marshfield, the Community Development Authority and other stakeholders in an ongoing effort to retain and attract businesses. The Director can anticipate working to attract more single-family housing to the area, promoting successful development of 123 acres in an industrial park expansion, and actively supporting the Plan Commission and Economic Development Board, while additionally serving as a key advisor to the Common Council and City Administrator.
Successful candidates will have:
- Bachelor’s degree in planning, geography or related field. Master’s degree in one of those disciplines, or related field, is desired
- Minimum of five (5) years of municipal experience with increasing responsibility in planning and economic development, or an equivalent combination of relevant experience and education
- Supervisory experience
- Collaborative and communicative approach to work
- Strong managerial and leadership skills
- Comfort working with an array of stakeholders including elected officials, City employees, developers, real estate agents, and residents
- Passion for work in a demanding, rewarding and collegial environment
Starting salary range is $93,000 - $103,000 (mid-point) +/- DOQ and an excellent benefit package, is offered.
Candidates should apply by September 6, 2022 (Open until filled) with resume, cover letter and contact information for three work-related references to www.GovHRjobs.com attention: Lee Szymborski, Senior Vice President, GovHR USA. Tel: 847-380-3240. The City is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Click Here to Apply