• Bachelor’s degree in planning, public administration, urban studies, community development or a related field. A Master’s degree is preferred.
• Ten years of progressive leadership experience in high level management positions in a governmental or similar organization.
• Five years of supervisory experience.
• Strong finance and budgeting skills. Including familiarity with public financing tools.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• A communicative, team-oriented, and approachable management style.
The ideal candidate will be:
• Experienced, strategic, and skilled in economic development with a demonstrated record of success.
• Innovative, progressive and knowledgeable in sustainability practices related to climate action, energy efficiency, renewable energy and land use.
• A skilled project manager able to oversee complex initiatives and ensure project completion.
• Able to build and maintain strong partnerships and relationships with diverse stakeholders and
• An exceptional listener with a high level of interpersonal awareness.
• Committed to customer service and highly responsive and responsible to community concerns,
needs and inquiries.
• Knowledgeable in land use planning, zoning, permitting and inspections.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
The salary range is $79,602 to $119,392 DOQ. The City of Red Wing offers an excellent and comprehensive benefits package.
HOW TO APPLY
Interested candidates should apply online by June 4, 2021 with resume, cover letter and contact information for five work-related references at www.GovHRJobs.com to the attention of Charlene Stevens, Senior Vice President, GovHR USA, 630 Dundee Road, #225, Northbrook, IL 60062. Tel: (847) 380- 3240 Ext 124. The City of Red Wing, MN is an Equal Opportunity Employer.