Under direct supervision of the General Manager, with a dotted line to ASM Global Commercial Partnership, the successful candidate will plan, direct and implement the sponsorship sales and oversee Premium Seating. While the Arena is the first priority, this individual is also responsible for Corporate, multi-venue network initiatives driving new revenue for INTRUST Bank Arena, other ASM Global facilities including the Century II Performing Arts and Convention Center and the Orpheum Theatre along with ASM Global Corporate.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
· Establish and deliver on sales goals to increase and improve the facility’s profitably and annual recurring net revenues.
· Develop and execute sales plans and programs, both short and long range, to ensure the growth and expansion of revenues.
· Research, analyze and monitor financial, technological and demographic factors to ensure that market opportunities are maximized.
· Develop and recommend pricing strategies for the organization which will result in the profitable growth of sponsorship marketplace over the short, medium and long run.
· Prepare bi-weekly reports on sales revenue pipeline and projections.
· Utilize the Sponsor United platform, provided by ASM Global, to determine best contacts, strategies and solutions for prospective sponsors.
· Prepare and deliver oral presentations internally and externally as appropriate.
· Work extended and/or irregular hours including nights, weekends and holidays.
· Ability to travel extensively via air and auto required.
· Ability to work irregular hours in addition to normal business hours, to include nights, weekends and holidays as needed.
· Must be able to maintain a productive, team-oriented relationship with staff, clients and client agencies.
· Position requires the ability to work at all ASM Global facilities in Wichita.
· Other duties as assigned.
Directly Supervise Premium Seating Manager and carry out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with ASM Global's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees as well as planning, assigning and directing work, appraising performance, rewarding, disciplining employees in conjunction with Human Resources.
To perform this job successfully, this individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience:
· Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Business Administration or a related field from an accredited four-year college or university.
· Minimum of five (5) years in the field of venue, property or rights holder sponsorship sales; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Skills and Abilities:
· Demonstrate knowledge and experience in the principles, practices, and terminology of sponsorship sales.
· Strong communication and presentation skills both written and oral.
· Proven ability to drive a sale from presenting to closing.
· Solve practical problems and deal with a variety of complex variables in selling and servicing sponsor partners.
· Operate a personal computer using Windows 2000, Power Point, Word, Excel, Outlook, and other related standard office equipment.
· Follow oral and written instructions and communicate effectively with others in both oral and written form.
· Organize and prioritize work to meet deadlines. Work effectively under pressure and/or stringent schedule and produce accurate results.
· Maintain an effective working relationship with all stakeholders including clients, agencies and employees,
· Work independently, exercising judgment and initiative.
· Remain flexible and adjust to situations as they occur.
The essential responsibilities of this position are described under the headings above. They may be subject to change at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons. Also, this document in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position.
ASM GLOBAL is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, and encourages Women, Minorities, Individuals with Disabilities, and protected Veterans to apply. VEVRAA Federal Contractor.