Cedar Rapids, IA (pop. 126,326) Located in Eastern Iowa, Cedar Rapids is a vibrant community and the second largest city in Iowa. Cedar Rapids offers unique attractions, exciting events and a dynamic arts and dining scene that make it one of the best places to live, work and play in the Midwest. Cedar Rapids is known as “The City of Five Seasons”, a nod to the extra time afforded residents and visitors to enjoy and appreciate the everyday beauty of the Midwestern landscape and the large city amenities without some of the large hassles or headaches. The community regularly ranks as one of the top cities in the country for livability, vibrancy, and economic opportunity and is committed to being an equitable and inclusive community.
This is a newly created position for the City of Cedar Rapids that will lead the City’s efforts to promote and enhance diversity, equity, and inclusion within the organization through programs, training, and services. The position will report directly to the City Manager and will work collaboratively with the Human Resources Director and other senior leadership to develop and execute the City’s first comprehensive Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion strategy.
The successful candidate will have:
- A Bachelor’s degree in Business, Human Resources, Public Administration, or a related field.
- Five (5) years of work experience in the Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion field.
- OR any equivalent combination of experience and/or education.
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with diverse populations.
The successful candidate will be:
- A strong self-starter, enthusiastic toward development and creation of new initiatives and able to drive organizational change.
- Highly collaborative, able to build and maintain partnerships across all levels of the organization.
- Knowledgeable and understanding of diversity and inclusion challenges, opportunities and best practices.
- Able to develop and facilitate training for a variety of audiences.
- Strategic and pragmatic, able to see multiple pathways to success and build consensus.
- An excellent communicator, able to listen for understanding and speak with confidence, diplomacy, and tact.
- Able to prioritize work initiatives and comfortable working within a dynamic environment.
- Culturally competent and experienced working with diverse populations and perspectives.
Hiring range is $80,371.20 – $94.452.80. The full salary range extends to $108,492.80. Cedar Rapids provides an excellent benefit package. Interested candidates should apply by July 12, 2021, with resume, cover letter and five professional references to: Charlene Stevens, Senior Vice President, GovHR USA. Apply online at www.GovHRjobs.com. The City of Cedar Rapids is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Click Here to Apply
Click Here for Brochure