KTG INSURV Writer-Recorder
Kern Technology Group, LLC, is a Virginia-based, SDVOSB Engineering Services company focused on providing engineering services to our U.S. Navy customers. The KTG Team brings proven expertise and works side by side with our Navy customers to sustain the material readiness of our navy ships and submarines.
Kern Technology Group, LLC, is looking for a candidate with Project Management and Surface/Air/Submarine Warfare experience to serve as a Writer-Recorder at the Board of Inspection and Survey (INSURV).
INSURV was established to advise SECNAV and the CNO in matters concerning the acceptance of newly commissioned ships and the suitability of active Fleet units for further service. The mission of INSURV is to keep Higher Authority informed of the material condition of the operating forces, and this is accomplished through appropriately scheduled ship inspections.
The Writer-Recorder shall assume all roles, responsibilities, and duties in the planning, collecting, and consolidating of data, in the generating and publishing of reports, in the updating of inspection products and processes, and in providing feedback to government inspectors regarding updates to products and processes. All services will be onsite at INSURV HQ and include travel with INSURV Inspection teams.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Execute all Writer tasks from IAW Writer Check Sheets and Post-Inspection Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) and verify accuracy of message draft IAW Message Writing Guidance.
• Execute all Recorder tasks from IAW Recorder check sheet.
• Execute international (Bahrain, Japan, Spain, and Hawaii) and domestic (San Diego, CA; Mayport, FL; Mobile, AL; Marinette, WI; and others) travel as a function of executing tasks related to Writer and Recorder.
• Submit (in electronic format) completed Recorder Projects and Writer Checklists within 5 days after completion of each assigned inspection.
• Submit a trip report within 5 days after completion of each assigned inspection.
• Execute all travel requirements as required to conduct all inspection tasks.
• Receive, adjudicate, incorporate, and disseminate (by electronic means and others) updates and/or changes to Writer and Recorder Checklists, Writer SOPs, Senior Inspector (SI) Brief Sheets, and SI Statistical Analysis Cards.
Education: High School Graduate (or equivalent) or ten (10) years of Naval service.
Security Clearance: Must have current, active “Secret” Security Clearance.
• Must have working knowledge of DoD document classification standards.
• Must be proficient in Microsoft Office Suite.
• Must have minimum 3 years of Project Management Experience.
• Must possess and maintain physical standards for embarkation of Naval Vessels IAW.
• Must possess and maintain a valid driver’s license.
• Must possess and maintain a valid US Passport.
• Must have Surface/Air/Submarine Warfare experience.
We offer our full-time employees a full range of benefits, including access to health care plans and a Simple IRA plan with up to 3% company matching. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.