IT Help Desk Supervisor
- Burbank, CA, USA
Information Technology Partners, Inc. (ITP) founded in 1991, is an information technology design and support firm specializing in contemporary network and client computing technologies. ITP provides hardware, software, backup services, customized solutions, security software and technical support to its partners. ITP maintains offices in California, Illinois, Michigan and Wisconsin -- providing services to its clients located throughout the United States and internationally.
The Location: Information Technology Partners’ Los Angeles Headquarters is located in Burbank, CA, near Bob Hope Airport, just off the 5 freeway.
Employees are required to work on-site. Employees are required to be vaccinated against Covid. Masking requirements are in line with Los Angeles County Health Dept guidelines. Currently, masks at work are optional.
The Position: The HELP DESK SUPERVISOR is responsible for facilitating the effective and efficient scheduling of our Help Desk technical staff. Collaborating with all of our staff members in some form will be required to align the project and support work requests with the capability and availability of our technical resources.
The HELP DESK SUPERVISOR is responsible for understanding the requests for technical resources to meet our contractual obligations and aligning our technical staff to meet the timing and skill requirements necessary to complete the work in a high quality manner. The Help Desk is a 24/7/365 operation and requires understanding the timing of when projects or tasks needs to complete. Ensuring full-time coverage for client assistance, including overnight and weekend shifts, will be a top priority. This will include having backup plans for occasions when employees call in sick or have scheduled time off.
Reports to Vice President of Engineering Operations.
- Ensure day-to-day operations of technology support for both in-house and client needs
- Create plans and provide hands-on support during emergencies, outages, and service transitions.
- Supervise Help Desk engineering staff. Participate in hiring, mentoring, training, performance management, discipline, and terminations/layoffs.
- Supervise help desk process and staff for smooth, responsive operations.
- Assist Accounting in determination of hours worked and billable hours.
· Ensure and Update detailed inventory and configuration documentation
· Ensure system backups are completed. Update and monitor reports and utilizations.
· Ensure operational compliance with system security policies and procedures; backup and recovery procedures; system maintenance procedures.
· Monitor alerts and ensure appropriate response.
· Facilitate all system upgrades; ensuring operational preparedness once installed.
· Monitor infrastructure and server performance; remediate issues.
· Respond to system issues and resolve any communication issues within the confines of the office.
· Other duties as assigned.
· Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology or equivalent experience
· 5+years’ experience in managing shared computing infrastructure
· 5+ years’ experience in systems and network component support and management
· Understanding of Microsoft Server 2012/2016 R2, Active Directory; Windows10
· Knowledge of supporting and configuration with VMWare 6.x in enterprise environments
· Knowledge of supporting Juniper Firewalls.
· Support and Deployment of Wireless networking
· Proficient with Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
· Excellent customer service skills
· Excellent communication skills (written, verbal and listening)
PLEASE INCLUDE SALARY REQUIREMENT WHEN APPLYING.
· We offer a competitive benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, life, disability insurance, 401K; as well as paid holidays, (including your birthday!) sick time and vacations.
Able to sit for long periods.
Occasional walking and standing.
Ability to lift and carry up to forty pounds
Able to use hands and fingers with dexterity to operate computer equipment
Excellent English skills for both verbal and written communication
Excellent visual acuity for reading documentation and computer screens, operating equipment and the ability to distinguish colors
Reasonable accommodations in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act will be considered.
Why Should You Apply?
· IT Engineering based company
· Team-oriented working environment.
· Opportunity for growth and continued learning
· Market competitive pay
PRINCIPALS ONLY. NO AGENCIES
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEOC and CCPA guidelines.
ITP is an Equal Opportunity Employer