IT Systems Engineer - Manufacturing Environment
We are an information technology supply and support firm providing services to clients located throughout the United States.
The Systems Engineer is responsible for providing quality technology design and operational support services. Each System Engineer is assigned to a work team and is supervised by that work team’s Technology Services Manager. Assignments are generated by the Technology Services Manager and these assignments may include operational support (support of existing systems) or development of new information technology systems
1. Able to work the IT systems required for a shop floor of a major manufacturer
2. The application of systems analysis techniques and procedures, including consulting with end users to determine hardware, software or system functional specifications
3. The design, development, documentation, analysis, creation, testing or modification of computer systems or programs; including prototypes, based on and related to user or system design specifications
4. Monitor infrastructure and server performance; remediate issues
5. Supervising and checking the status of projects and work assignments
6. Preparing reports for management; preparing general and detail designs
7. Mentoring and supporting junior members of the technical support and systems engineering staff
8. Proactively learn and utilize new technologies, concepts and procedures as appropriate to project requirements
9. Provide technical input to other areas and gather technical data from outside organizations
10. Plans and executes testing and implementation of systems
11. Develops, implements and tests all system implementations within customer area or within Information Technology
12. Assist the internal IT department with strategic development approaches
13. End-user interfacing for the purpose of support and implementation of new systems and trouble-shooting problems with existing systems
- Bachelor’s degree (preferred) in information systems or equivalent work experience
- Three+ years of system administration experience. Management of shared computer infrastructure.
- Three years of experience engineering IT needs for a manufacturing shop floor.
- Knowledge of and support experience with VMWare 6.x in enterprise environments.
- Working knowledge of client-server applications, web-based applications, databases and networking. Windows 10 and Active Directory experience.
- Strong problem solving, analytical, communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent ability in requirements gathering, documentation and articulating technical and functional contents to technical and non-technical audiences
- Three years of business experience in a high technology area and/or systems analysis experience
- Commitment to delivering exceptional customer service
Work Environment/Physical tasks
Manufacturing environment. Exposure to noise, odors, chemicals and machinery. Required to wear appropriate Personal Protective Equipment as necessary
Sitting for extended periods. Walking. Standing. Reaching and feeling with hands and fingers. Operating computer equipment and related peripherals. Visual acuity.
Clear and concise written and verbal communications in English.
We are committed to a teamwork environment which supports the growth and success of both our clients and staff.
Local Candidates only - NO THIRD PARTIES OR AGENCIES.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEOC guidelines.
We offer excellent benefits (Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, 401k, Paid Time Off)
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.