Are you a Systems Engineer with VMWare experience? Can you bring a thoughtful approach, a level head and can-do attitude to solve client computer issues? As a Managed Services Provider we need experienced IT Engineers to add to our team in support of our client base.
The Position: We’re looking for overnight, on-site IT Operations System Engineers. Current Third shift opening is 10 p.m. - 6:30 a.m. Shifts will run Sunday- Thursday as we must maintain 24 / 7 coverage.
(NOTE: This position is required to work on-site at our Burbank, CA headquarters, All employees are required to be vaccinated and we are currently not requiring masks, but will continue to follow Los Angeles County Health Dept guidelines should the situation change.
The pay is based on the local market and on the skills that the individual brings to the opportunity as a Level One Systems Engineer. Generally in the $70k-$90k range DOE
· Ensure and Update detailed inventory and configuration documentation
· Perform common daily monitoring, maintenance and support tasks to critical infrastructure components.
· Document tasks and methods used to solve issues for future reference.
· Ensure system backups are completed update monitor reports and utilizations.
· Ensure operational compliance with system security policies and procedures; backup and recovery procedures; system maintenance procedures.
· Provide escalated support to support staff receiving support calls and monitor alerts. REQUIRES OCCASIONAL FLEXIBILITY IN HOURS/SHIFT in critical situations.
· Utilize existing tools to perform remote administration, configuration based on projects and support tickets.
· Manage and Support VMware ESX environment, supporting all configuration changes and updates.
· Use of move-to-production requests for the shared computing infrastructure.
· Facilitate all system upgrades; ensuring operational preparedness once installed.
· Monitor infrastructure and server performance; remediate issues.
· Respond to system issues and resolve any communication issues within the confines of the office.
· Update the maintenance schedule and submit a summary of changes to management
· Collaborate with third-party support and service vendors to ensure that the network stays operational.