- Prepare recipes as directed; measure ingredients and prepare them in accordance to chef’s specifications.
- Wash and peel ingredients in order for them to be used in different meals.
- Cut and portion different types of meat according to specifications.
- Prepare different types of food, following carefully the recipes.
- Accept or reject ingredients from food supplier based on their appearance and quality.
- Keep track of ingredient quantities and ensure there are always enough for the day/week/event.
- Store ingredients in dedicated containers, making sure that they are best preserved.
- Clean and sanitize the working surfaces, tools, utensils and working area.
- Carefully direct the food temperature and the temperature from cooling rooms to ensure that the ingredients kept are kept at the appropriate temperature.
- Must take direction well.
- Maintain safe working conditions and sanitary work area.
- Follow rules and regulations of Food & Beverage department.
- Regular attendance is an essential job function.
- Position requires the ability to work at all ASM Global facilities in Wichita.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Prior catering or kitchen work in food service.
- Ability to follow directions and effectively perform the work.
- Positive attitude and neat appearance.
- Must speak and understand English.
- Attend all Training both for Food and Beverage department and within the venue.
- Strong knowledge of sanitary practices.
- Knowledge of food storage and temperature.
- Ability to read and follow recipes and directions.
- Maintains proper grooming and dress code standards
- Work ethic encourages strong urgency and quality in a team environment.
- Ability to undertake and complete multiple tasks
· Reports to Executive Chef in appropriate uniform, for assigned location.
· Follows all rules and regulations which apply to SAVOR Food and Beverage Division.
· Performs other related duties as assigned by Chef.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience:
· High School Diploma or GED.
· Prior work in kitchen, food preparation, preferred.
· Excellent interpersonal and communication skills and a good attitude required.
· Must be able to work independently with little or no supervision.
Skills and Abilities:
Requires ability to work flexible hours, including nights, weekends and holidays, in addition to normal business hours.
This position requires stooping and lifting up to 45 lbs., substantial standing and walking. Hand and finger dexterity to use knife to chop, dice, prep food, and open containers and close containers. May need to enter walk-in refrigerator or freezer and be capable of handling the change in temperature.
NOTE: The essential responsibilities of this position are described under the headings above. They may be subject to change at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons. Also, this document in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position.