LEAD LAND DEVELOPER / PROJECT DEVELOPER
Concurrent Technologies Corporation
Minimum Clearance Required: N/A
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Secret
CTC is seeking a Lead Land Developer / Project Developer to support Department of Defense clients with a portfolio focused delivery of energy security/resiliency projects, leveraging private-sector resources and capital, that enable the Army meet its mandates and goals. As a Lead Land Developer / Project Developer, your goal will be to lead and promote a collaborative environment, support stakeholder engagement in joint activities and discussions, and develop action plans to ensure efforts are on track to meet US Army goals. You will support identifying and vetting new resilience project opportunities and then developing those opportunities into energy security/resiliency projects to meet mission-specific requirements. You will support the Energy Security Assessment (ESA) reports and Installation Energy and Water Plans (IEWP), identifying specific energy security projects for third-party financing or alternative funding sources. Once a potentially viable project and funding source are identified, you will advise and support the acquisition process to initiate projects for construction using third-party financing and/or direct investment. You will lead regular client interactions and be the primary point of contact responsible for all project development.
The Lead Land Developer / Project Developer will help the Army design and deliver solutions in a fast-paced, mission-critical environment - translating ideas into action bringing an innovative mindset, experience in consulting on DOD programs, and a desire to provide trusted advice to clients and stakeholders. The qualified candidate will support the following activities:
· Serves as senior advisor to the Opportunity Development Director and supervises the opportunity development contractor team.
· Develops and coordinates project deal structure analysis, including real estate out grant instrument selection (easement, title, license, lease) and competitive nature (sole source and justification & approval or Request for Information/sources sought or Request for Proposal).
· Advises the project development team of advantages and disadvantages of potential acquisition courses of action and assist with selection of appropriate acquisition strategy.
· Analyzes a variety of acquisition methods to seek innovation, for faster, more effective use of those methods or emerging policies (singularly or in combination) consistent with statutory authorities.
· Supports energy security/resiliency special projects in an effort to improve acquisition pathways through the tenants of better buying power (BBP), collaboration with industry experts (e.g., Silicon Valley, energy tech innovators/entrepreneurs), and introduce new, dynamic approaches to acquiring leading edge solutions/technologies in a rapid/expedited manner.
· Analyzes existing project acquisition processes, procedures, and authorities to find areas for improving effectiveness and efficiency, when applying these processes to desired mission energy resiliency effects and energy market opportunities.
· Investigates new project acquisition processes, procedures, and authorities for potential application and performs analytic modeling to validate benefits and constraints.
· Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in Engineering, Business, Management, or related field
· Minimum of fifteen (15) years’ experience to include:
o Development of multiple large-scale energy projects.
o Five (5) years’ experience working with DoD Installations on energy-related technology, financial, and contracting issues.
· Demonstrated experience and knowledge of energy resilience issues, and strategy planning
· Capability to independently initiate and manage tasks, with a high degree of detail and process orientation
· Ability to manage and work in teams, and establish and maintain cross-functional and working relationships
· Willingness and ability to set priorities and deliver under tight deadlines in a heavy workload setting
· Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
· Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite of tools, including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
· Demonstrates excellent written and oral communication skills.
· Located in the Washington, DC Metro Area
· Knowledge of US Army structure and operations
· Energy policy/regulation development, implementation, and/or oversight at a federal level, preferably within the Department of Defense, the Department of Energy, or the Department of Homeland Security
· Advanced degree in Engineering, Business, Management, or related field
- Our teams at CTC are passionate and thrive on collaboration in a team environment
- When we encounter a difficult problem, we have a variety of talented and diverse employees that work together to solve the toughest challenges
- Competitive salary and benefits package
- Although our work at CTC is extremely important, we also recognize the need for our employees to maintain a proper mix of work and personal life
- Visit www.ctc.com to learn more
Join us! CTC offers exceptional career growth, cutting edge technology, educational opportunities, and recognition for quality work.
Staffing Requisition: SR# 2021-0030
“We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.”