Under general supervision of the Building Engineer the maintenance technician will be responsible for overseeing, maintaining, and equipment within facility from bathroom fixtures, doors, ceilings, minor electrical and HVAC servicing. Will support events by providing power drops, and other such services to ensure vendor equipment has proper power/water or other requirements to ensure success. In addition, the maintenance technician will perform/assist with electrical, plumbing repair and food service equipment maintenance.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
· Performs minor electrical maintenance, to include but not be limited to replacement or repair of fixtures (e.g. wall switches and outlets, incandescent and fluorescent bulbs and tubes, ballast, sockets, fuses, kitchen appliances, cords, etc.) using appropriate hand, power and specialty tools.
· Troubleshooting and repairing of facility support equipment.
· Perform minor carpentry repairs; sheet rock, etc.
· Perform minor to moderate-level plumbing repairs and replacement/installation, including repairing leaks in toilets and sinks.
· Complete work orders in an efficient and timely manner.
· Performs preventative maintenance of assigned equipment and systems.
· Report irregularities, discrepancies, safety or damage concerns or loss of property promptly to supervisor.
· Review, perform and maintain regular department work orders and equipment with in-house CMMS system (ASM Global Maintenance).
· Ensure proper care and use of assigned tools to include maintenance, servicing, and required inspections to ensure equipment serviceability.
· Assist in the maintenance of equipment as required.
· Prepare and assist with set up/strike requirements for events for electrical power drops, water, bleachers, and other equipment as required.
· Ability to assign and shift work priorities throughout work period while maintaining ability to communicate delays, completion times, and activities to ensure team is informed of duty status.
· Conduct walk-throughs of relevant spaces pre, during and post event as required.
· Inspect completed work for compliance to company standards and client needs.
· Understand and embrace the Green/Sustainability Initiatives; promote adherence through following expectations and coaching of operations department team members and colleagues.
· Perform various landscaping and on-site snow removal functions and duties.
· Follows and enforces company policies for team members ensuring utmost safety regulations;
· Adheres to all ASM Global Safety Policies and Procedures while performing within all OSHA guidelines.
· Respond to visual and audible alarms from building automation and life safety systems. Make immediate decisions and communicate with all users of the facility in an emergency situation.
· Regular attendance is an essential job function.
· Position requires the ability to work at all ASM Global facilities in Wichita.
· Work extended and/or irregular hours including nights, weekends and holidays as needed.
· Other duties and responsibilities may be assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Candidate must have the ability to move quickly from one area to another. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· Knowledge of general plumbing, electrical, and HVAC techniques and systems.
· Ability to hear clearly voices, alarms, bells and horns (at a minimum of 85 dB) and to speak clearly and audibly.
· Ability to understand and follow simple directions communicated both orally and written.
· Ability to take direction from multiple supervisory and management staff.
· Ability to use hand and power tools and equipment common to the construction trade.
· Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules and instructions.
· Familiar with standard concepts, practices and procedures of the construction industry including operation of tools and equipment according to established safety.
· Maintenance skills must include the ability to drywall, replace and repair hardware, paint, cut and replace ceiling tile and replace fixtures; minor furniture repair a plus.
· Ability to work safely and efficiently with machinery.
· Ability to work with minimum supervision and understand verbal and written instructions.
· Must have ability to possess and maintain current OHSA Forklift and Personnel Lift Certification
· Welding Skills a plus.
· Ability to work flexible hours including nights, weekends and holidays based on the event schedule.
Education and/or Experience:
· High School Diploma/GED required; Certificate in HVAC, building maintenance technology or relevant field will be a plus.
· Certified Maintenance and Reliability Professional (CMRP) is preferred.
· Maintain a valid drivers' license or have willingness and ability to obtain for required equipment operation.
· Ability to speak, read and write in English
· Willingness to work any shift or as needed (irregular hours).
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to walk extensively, occasionally required to kneel, climb to high walkways or balance. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 75 pounds. Ability to use hands to finger, handle or feel, reach with hands and arms. This position requires work inside and outside of the building and some exposure to adverse conditions.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Work hours are based on business needs but include irregular, extended hours including weekends, evenings, and holidays.
NOTE: The essential responsibilities of this position are described under the headings above. They may be subject to change at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons. Also, this document in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position.
ASM Global is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, and encourages Women, Minorities, Individuals with Disabilities, and protected Veterans to apply. VEVRAA Federal Contractor.