As the world’s leading venue management company and producer of live event experiences, ASM Global is the preeminent management and content provider with over 350 venues worldwide.
ASM Global has an excellent and immediate opening for Amphitheater Director at the Capitol Federal Amphitheater in Andover, KS. Opened in 2018, Capitol Federal Amphitheater is the centerpiece of Andover Central Park. The amphitheater is an outdoor, ADA-accessible space that is great for concerts, festivals, special events, and general use by the public.
This position oversees the planning and implementation of marketing campaigns for the facility and all events, including, advertising, promotion, publicity, and branding. This position also oversees ticket sales and all aspects of box office operation for the ASM Global managed Capitol Federal Amphitheater.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Create and implement marketing plan for each Amphitheater event, including coordinating announce and on sale dates, paid advertising and grassroots efforts.
· Coordinate with promoters and event planners on marketing events.
· Responsible for maintaining cutting-edge status on new ideas or technologies related to website, mobile apps, social media, advertising/media opportunities, and promotional items.
· Serve as point of contact for advertising outlets in print, radio, streaming, television, and social media.
· Coordinate publicity requests, and oversee house photography.
· Create/update, and maintain social media sites – Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
· Create and maintain a dedicated venue website.
· Write and distribute press releases.
· Hire, supervise and train marketing and/or box office intern(s)
· Design printed advertising and coordinate printing of event posters, invitations and flyers.
· Oversees ticket sales and all aspects of box office operation for the Capitol Federal Amphitheater.
· Serve as Box Office contact for Select-A-Seat and promoters.
· Maximize ticket sales for all events using all assets available. Must have excellent communication with staff, client and promoter(s).
· Coordinate Group Sales for applicable shows.
· Prepare and present the final box office statement and audits to the ASM Global Wichita Finance Department for settlement of each event as needed.
· Establish files on each event that consist of seats on-hold for the building and promoter, complimentary ticket vouchers, sightline holds, trouble holds, event audits and ticket inventory schedules.
· Coordinate promoter requests to utilize venue-approved ticketing initiative such as Groupon, Vet Tix, etc and work with area businesses on ticketing as needed.
· Monitor and assist Amphitheater Director in maintaining the booking calendar.
· Respond to general email messages sent to venue.
· Regular attendance is an essential function of this position.
· Remain flexible and adjust to situations as they occur.
· Other duties and responsibilities may be assigned.
· Position requires the ability to work at all ASM Global facilities in the Wichita area.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience:
· Bachelor's degree from four-year university in Marketing, Public Relations or related field preferred.
· Minimum of 4 years’ experience in Marketing, Public Relations, Ticketing, or Sales in entertainment industry or related field or equivalent combination of education and experience required.
· Exposure to and familiarity with similar facility environment.
Supervise Marketing Interns. Carry out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with ASM Global’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training interns or employees. Work with Human Resources on hiring and addressing and resolving issues.
Skills and Abilities:
· Excellent written and verbal skills, including strong proof-reading.
· Ability to prioritize multiple projects and meet deadlines.
· Operate Photoshop, Word, Excel and PowerPoint and other related office programs.
· Solid knowledge of social media platforms and user experience.
· Ability to project and recognize potential problems and implement corrective action.
· Ability to work long, irregular hours including nights and weekends as dictated by programming
· Demonstrate high level of energy and self-motivation to work effectively with co-workers.
· Professional presentation, appearance and work ethic.
· To perform this job successfully, an individual should have advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office.
· Photoshop and Illustrator design experience a plus.
· High aptitude for figures and advanced writing skills.
· Website maintenance and basic HTML knowledge needed.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to keyboard, text on IPhone, operate radio, fax machine, phone, and work on computer. The employee is regularly required to use feet and legs to walk the facility as many times as required during an event the employee is charged with for the day. The person must be able to climb stairs and walk long distances to access all seating. Lifting up to 45 lbs. Must be able to work extended hours, weekends, and holidays as required.
NOTE: The essential responsibilities of this position are described under the headings above. They may be subject to change at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons. Also, this document in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position.
ASM Global is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, and encourages Women, Minorities, Individuals with Disabilities, and protected Veterans to apply. VEVRAA Federal Contractor