Our company has an immediate need for a Network Engineer who can implement equipment installation plans based on the Network Administrator’s specifications, maintain each component of the network and troubleshoot issues. The Network Engineer will be responsible for monitoring the network firewall, assessing the functionality of the network routers, ensuring all Internet security software is updated regularly, developing and implementing company email policies in accordance with the IT Manager and maintaining the company phone system. Develops and implements standards, procedures and processes for the network operations team. Plans and manages the support of new technologies (including wireless and VoIP) network performance and reliability.
1. Maintain detailed inventory and configuration documentation
2. Ensure operational compliance with system security policies
and procedures; backup and recovery procedures; system maintenance procedures.
3. Maintain network specific recovery plan; including annual
4. Utilize and implement production systems using move-to-production controls
5. Participate in capital technology infrastructure improvement projects
6. Facilitate all system upgrades; ensuring operational preparedness once installed
7. Monitor infrastructure and network performance; remediation of issues
8. Sustain the necessary data throughput rate by monitoring networking activity and maintaining existing equipment
9. Respond to network connectivity issues and resolve any wireless communication issues
10. Update the network using planned maintenance and change control processes.
12. Collaborate with third-party support and service vendors to ensure that the Servers, Applications and Network infrastructure stays operational
13. Positions available on all shifts. We are a 24/7 support team.
Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology or related field preferred
Juniper and Cisco experience required
5+ years’ experience in managing computer networks
3+ years’ experience in network architecture and deployment