The Porter assists the catering team before, during, and after events. Responsible for providing exemplary Guest Service.
· Sets up, stocks, and maintains work area.
· Maintains cleanliness of banquet and work areas.
· Completes final breakdown by cleaning the room and cleaning and returning equipment to proper location.
· Transports dirty linen to correct area to be cleaned.
· Engaging with guests, anticipating their needs and taking initiative to improve their overall experience.
· Regular attendance is an essential job function.
· Position requires the ability to work at all ASM Global facilities in Wichita.
· Performs other related duties as assigned.
Skills and Abilities:
· Possess a positive, outgoing and friendly personality.
· Positive, customer service-oriented attitude at all times.
· Maintains proper grooming and dress code standards.
· Ability to work productively with other operating departments.
· Strong written and verbal communication skills.
· Ability to undertake and complete multiple tasks.
· Attention to detail.
· Ability to handle obstacles in a positive and professional manner, and to effectively communicate these problems, along with suggested solutions to the Manager.
· Ability to prioritize and organize work assignments.
· Ability to be a clear thinker, analyze and resolve problems exercising good judgment.
· Ability to remain calm and courteous in demanding and difficult Guest situations.
· Must speak and understand English.
· Ability to pass background/credit check.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience:
· High School Diploma or GED.
· Previous food service experience preferred.
· Excellent customer service, interpersonal and communication skills.
· Positive attitude and helpful manner are required.
· Must be able to work independently with little or no supervision.
Requires ability to work flexible hours- may include days, nights, weekends, and holidays. Eligible to work in United States.
This position requires bending, stooping and lifting up to 40 lbs. Substantial standing and walking.
NOTE: The essential responsibilities of this position are described under the headings above. They may be subject to change at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons. Also, this document in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position.
ASM Global is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, and encourages Women, Minorities, Individuals with Disabilities, and protected Veterans to apply. VEVRAA Federal Contractor.