PRINCIPAL UTILITY SUBJECT MATTER EXPERT (SME)
Concurrent Technologies Corporation
Minimum Clearance Required: N/A
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Secret
CTC is seeking a Principal Utility Subject Matter Expert (SME) to support Department of Defense clients with a portfolio focused delivery of energy security/resiliency projects, leveraging private-sector resources and capital, that enable the US Army and US Air Force to meet Service mandates and goals. As a Principal Utility Subject Matter Expert (SME), your goal will be to advise Government Executive decision makers on economic, finance, risk, and market factors that impact energy resilience project opportunities. You will promote a collaborative environment, support stakeholder engagement in joint activities and discussions, and advise analysis and action plans to ensure efforts best meet Army and Air Force goals. You will lead regular client interactions and be the primary point of contact for utility and related economic issues.
The Principal Utility Subject Matter Expert (SME) will help the Army and Air Force design and deliver solutions in a fast-paced, mission-critical environment - translating ideas into action bringing an innovative mindset, experience in consulting on DOD programs, and a desire to provide trusted advice to clients and stakeholders. The qualified candidate will support the following activities:
· Serves as senior advisor to the client organization providing expertise in economic and utilities issues concerning development and construction of energy projects.
· Plans and conducts detailed economic analysis and modeling of current and future electric rates based on capital base maturity, technological change, fuel costs, emission and other regulation, and other macro-economic trends.
· Provides analysis of current and projected utility tariff schedules and installation load requirements.
· Develops strategies for alternate tariff schedules based on peak shaving or other load altering projects supported by detailed financial modeling.
· Works closely with financial analyst to ensure incorporation of proper macro- economic assumptions.
· Advises and supports analyses including Historical Utility Bills, Utility Tariff Rate, Avoided Cost of Power, Incentives and Pro Forma Financing, Utility Rate Analysis, Determination of the Best Business Model for Project (e.g. rate-based, behind the meter, etc.), Project Impact to Installation’s Utility Pricing, the Installations Avoided Cost, Business Case Analysis, Life Cycle Cost Analysis, assessment of potential In-Kind Consideration.
· Supports exploration of innovations with internal energy prototype studies and projects such as the demonstration of a micro-reactor, Energy-as-a-Service (EaaS) execution, and Advanced Rapid Energy Modeling (Installation Digital Twin).
· Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in economics or related field.
· Minimum of fifteen (15) years’ experience to include:
o Working with utilities, public utility commissions, and large Government or DoD customers.
· Capability to independently initiate and manage tasks, with a high degree of detail and process orientation.
· Ability to manage and work in teams, and establish and maintain cross-functional and working relationships.
· Willingness and ability to set priorities and deliver under tight deadlines in a heavy workload setting.
· Strong interpersonal skills to provide leadership to, collaborate and work with diverse team.
· Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
· Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite of tools, including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
· Preferred degree in Economics.
· Located in the Washington, DC Metro Area.
· Knowledge of Army and Air Force structure and operations.
· Advanced degree in related field.
- Our teams at CTC are passionate and thrive on collaboration in a team environment
- When we encounter a difficult problem, we have a variety of talented and diverse employees that work together to solve the toughest challenges
- Competitive salary and benefits package
- Although our work at CTC is extremely important, we also recognize the need for our employees to maintain a proper mix of work and personal life
- Visit www.ctc.com to learn more
Join us! CTC offers exceptional career growth, cutting edge technology, educational opportunities, and recognition for quality work.
Staffing Requisition: SR# 2021-0031
“We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.”