Establishes systems to maintain safety of students, staff, and property. Serves as the chair of the center safety committee. Assists the Safety/Security Manager with safety inspections, walk-throughs, and other duties of the Center Safety and Security Departments.
• Performs building safety checks on a weekly basis and provides written feedback to the Safety/Security Manager.
• Conducts regular inspections of GSA vehicles for safety and maintenance, and communicates concerns to the Safety/Security Manager and Senior Driver.
• Conducts weekly safety training to new students.
• Assists the Safety/Security Manager with investigations of safety related issues.
• Monitors the Center grounds daily throughout the training day to help ensure all personal protective equipment is being used and that students and staff are using safe work habits.
• Develops, implements, and maintains the Center Safety Committee.
• Conducts safety orientations to new employees.
• Assists the Safety/Security Manager in maintaining a vibrant and strong Safety Cadet Program.
• Assists the Safety/Security Manager with security investigations as requested.
• Attends regular OSHA and DOL Safety training.
• Follows the CDSS plan and the Code of Conduct system daily.
• Complies with all DOL guidelines, OFCCP regulations, Job Corps notices and bulletins, and Center policies and procedures.
• Maintains good housekeeping in all areas and complies with safety practices.
• Models, mentors, monitors appropriate Career Success Standards.
• Participation in PRH mandated staff training is mandatory. Failure to participate may result in disciplinary action up to and including termination.
• Performs security duties as directed.
Performs other duties as assigned.