Intermittent: 8-10 hours/week, hourly rate of $20-22
Additional 5 hours/week in the months of October and November, same hourly rate
Nature of work: Mostly remote work using a VA laptop, but should be able to come in person to the Portland VA hospital from time to time
ARTESiA is an international randomized controlled trial sponsored by the Population Health Research Institute (PHRI) in Canada. Patients with device-detected subclinic atrial fibrillation are being enrolled and randomized to take either aspirin or apixaban. The study is being conducted in Canada, the U.S., and Europe, and there are >200 participating centers. We are looking for a study coordinator that can follow up on the 28 patients that had been enrolled previously – every 6 months, mainly by phone, until September 2023, and who can help coordinate the annual Continuing Review process for the other participating VAs and Central IRB (only for 2-3 months, typically from September to November).
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES other duties as assigned...
- Follow-up on the 28 enrolled patients, mainly by phone, every 6 months until September 2023. The only time the patients will need another face-to-face contact is during the final follow-up, which will be sometime in August/September 2023.
- Carry out certain assessments face-to-face, including MOCA (for dementia) and Edmonton Frailty scale. Training will be provided.
- Fill out the appropriate study forms with each follow-up and other changes in patient status (e.g., transient discontinuation of medications) and submit them to the study sponsor by fax or electronic fax.
- Enter "flags" and notes in the VA's electronic medical record, CPRS, to make sure enrollment and follow-up are documented
- Fill out study forms for any serious adverse event and submit them to the VA Central Institutional Review Board and the study sponsor
- Fill out a Continuing Review Form for the Institution Review Board in October (done once a year)
- Face-to-face contact with patient for MOCA and Edmonton Frailty scales, typically to be done on final follow-up, or earlier if the patient discontinued the study drugs
- Phone follow-up between enrollment and final follow-up
- Will need to keep an organized log of screened and enrolled patients and their schedule of follow-up
Ability to perform essential job duties with or without reasonable accommodation and without posing a direct threat to safety or health of employee or others. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Bachelor's or Associate's Degree, preferably with at least 1 year of experience in clinical research
Proficient in written and oral English
Has basic competency in number facility and mathematical reasoning
Proficient in using computer software to document information and organize data
- Competent in deductive and inductive reasoning
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to
- Communicate effectively and clearly (both orally and written)
- Attend to details
- Organize and maintain accurate and up-to-date project records
- Work independently
Portland VA Research Foundation is an equal opportunity, affirmative action organization. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to status as a protected veteran or a qualified individual with a disability, or other protected status such as race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin or age.
Apply online at http://www.pvarf.org and include a CV and cover letter explaining your interest in the position. Cover letter should include description of recent work history as it relates to the specific responsibilities in the job announcement.
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.